Custom cable recommendations

• So I'm using a wired iem solution which includes a rolls pm55 and a rev33 small body pack. Was considering a combination cable for headphones and guitar cable but quality reports are not so great. So, I thought I could build my own but not sure what type of bulk cabling would work well for both. Or just keep it simple and build a couple high quality headphone extension cables that have a 2.5mm and 3.5 mm termination.. it's needs one of each to not require an adapter. Still need quality cable recommendations for this that fit the small adapters. I may decide to wrap this with a guitar cable as well.

• I'd be interested to hear from others with similar setup. I currently have a 6m whirlwind taped to a headphone cable not the most flexible but does the job. Recently been reading about combined (all in one) cables but not sure if there is any induction between conductors (especially noticeable with high gain settings) and creating noise spill or perhaps a compromise on tone by not using a proper guitar lead. comments anyone?

• I don't think the ready made cables have any interference problems but quality seems to be a factor as others have reported not lasting, headphone not working. I've sort of resigned to making a separate quality headphone cable at this point and perhaps wrapping them together with some sleeving

• Hey,

I've wanted to have a high quality backup for my guitar and iem wireless, so I've used a Mogami W3106 (twin mic cable). I had to use it once as my guitar wireless failed and I won't recommend it! Because of its twin cable design it's pretty stiff and curls awkwardly, especially if you move as much as I do on stage :D ...

Therefore I would go for a round cable which houses two inner cables. If I had to build a new one for myself, I would probably use the Sommer Cable Tricone Symasym. Interference shouldn't be a problem at all as otherwise all of those 48-and-more-multicores would have significant problems ;)

(Btw there is a similar thread to this topic: In ear monitoring via Auxiliary Input and headphone output? )

Cheers,
    Stefan

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• @malleus Thank you,Thank you, that sooner cable seems to be THE all in one solution. The guitar part is designed for that purpose and it's a quality shielded cable that's flexible....Exactly what the doctor ordered and I wasn't able to find it by googling.