Second time RM crashes my PC

• This is the second time that I experience my computer's reset if I close RM after having switched the Profiler off.
    It seems that during shutdown RM looks for the Profiler and reacts weirdly if it doesn't find it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I notified Support but got no return.

W7 64bit SP1 and last RM. KAOS 3.3.

• I have experienced blue screens of death number of times in a situation similar to yours (KPA off, RM off). I have sent the crash logs to support team but also no contact.

• Hello , As a rule ..when using any open Usb communications it is a good idea to close the host ( PC ) program First. For some reason Windoze still thinks the conversation is still active waiting on the phone so to speak .....for answer that never comes!
    Then it has a tantrum because it can't " handle " HWND the silence ! A little programmers humour.
    Kidding aside .. If you follow this unwritten rule .. Blue screen of death will be no more.

• Hello , As a rule ..when using any open Usb communications it is a good idea to close the host ( PC ) program First. For some reason Windoze still thinks the conversation is still active waiting on the phone so to speak .....for answer that never comes! Then it has a tantrum because it can't " handle " HWND the silence ! A little programmers humour.
    Kidding aside .. If you follow this unwritten rule .. Blue screen of death will be no more.

not correct. you can have Rig Manager open and connect/disconnect USB at any time without running into issues. every version we release runs through a series of tests and those include disconnecting USB while Rig Manager is open.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• not correct. you can have Rig Manager open and connect/disconnect USB at any time without running into issues. every version we release runs through a series of tests and those include disconnecting USB while Rig Manager is open.

I can confirm that. At home my KPA and PC are permanently connected via USB.
    I've never paid attention to a request- or shutdown sequence and did never face a problem with that.
    Win 10 / 64 Bit

• Ok say what you will...
    Instead of trying to defend what testing has been done, I maintain if you close the host program First you will have a much better chance of the host program not corrupting your hours of editing work.
    Yes in a perfect world you would hope that the code is bulletproof... As we are all painfully aware it appears that nothing is bullet proof with regards to the Kpa....
    I'm just putting something on the table that will help others avoid unfortunate outcomes if they are using Microsoft prior art windows versions, Did somebody say Windows 7 !
    Because something works in win 8 and 10 does not fit all.
    I'm trying to offer solid help....
    I am not wrong!
    Unless you try what I have suggested you can not make such a biased opinion one way or another.

For all of the Kpa users whom desire to safeguard their work please close the RM before any abrupt disconnect of the Usb connection from the KPA.

You'll thank yourself later.

I am a very experienced programmer as well.
    Usb hot swaping has not been fully perfected. As Win 10 has made significant progress towards those ends. Prior versions are not hot swappable. Period end of story.

Defend your code all you want....

Its getting a little long in tooth dont ya think.
    Thourghly tested ! I don't think so...

Having no significant progress in almost a year now is troubling at best.

How's your Helix doing MonkeyMan!
    Version 2.00 ... Should have some good things. I haven't jumped in yet but it's getting close now.

I have come to the conclusion KPA 3.02 is as good as this version of hardware is going to get.

Kpa 4 and beyond is never going to be ready for primetime. The hardware design has too many technical IC die bugs and/or programing obstacles and limitations that even the best firmware and software designers would be capable of solving in a timely fashion.

If the KPA engineering team finally get all of this worked out great!
    I really hope they do ...

Or offer upgrade cards that can be purchased and installed that will provide a stable , flexible and future feature capable platform as it had been envisioned and promoted to be from the beginning.

Either way until that happens....

I can imagine adding the Helix to augment the Kempers excellent amplifier strengths.

So MonkeyMan let us all know how you are using the Helix with the KPA.

Thanks

• Two notes here:

1. actually, RM crashes my PC when I shoot off the Profiler before closing the app. I never tried physically disconnecting the unit before, and am not even sure it's absolutely the same from an electric POV.

2. I never had issues when I closed the app before shutting the Profiler off, while it has happened twice till now if I invert the sequence. So SgtPepper might be onto something.
    As we know, a series of negative tests doesn't prove anything unless the sought-after event takes place.

• I have 3 usb jacks on my laptop. One for my steinberg soundcard, one to connect the kpa and one for my mouse. When i have to use a stick or my adapter for pics i dont close rm. I just disconnect the usb wich is connected to my kpa, put a stick in my laptop and when i am ready with my work on it i connect the kpa again. Rm always open. After connecting the kpa again it takes 4 seconds and than my kpa is visible in rm. Maybe i am lucky, i never hab a problem with this procedure and i do it since i have a kpa ( 3 years). Btw. I am on win 7.

Cheers
    Frank

• 1. actually, RM crashes my PC when I shoot off the Profiler before closing the app. I never tried physically disconnecting the unit before, and am not even sure it's absolutely the same from an electric POV.

feel free to email a crashlog. we'll have a look at it.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I'm on Windows 10 and have experienced this same thing a couple of times - shutting down RM after shutting down the KPA causes a system reboot. It's not every time though.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer