Cameron Atomica modded Marshall Profile

• Gave these a try. I like the first the best too has nicer high mids to me, which is what I always look for. Generally I use my Kemper for playing live 80% of the time and I have a few tweaks I generally implement to almost any distorted profile I use live:

• Raise the clarity to around 2.3
    • Add my own custom cab made from an impulse I made, as I find this gets me in the right ballpark with a lot of profiles from the start. For live I just generally like to hear that cab above anything else as it's a major component of my live tone, if a profile is to my taste gain and frequency wise this cab enhances what i want to hear from it.

I agree with some of the other guys, maybe back down the condenser mic a touch and let the SM57 command most of the mic mix, this should tighten the bottom end up a touch.

Looking forward to anymore profiles of this amp, especially any Direct profiles to test with my cab as I generally only use merged or direct profiles live these days.

Cheers

• Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate you taking the time. I'll post others, including direct profiles, when I get a chance.

• Yes, I captured a bunch of profiles at different settings over the weekend....including matching direct amp profiles. It's a great amp and to my ears the profiles came out sounding very close. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out but my ears are pretty fatigued at this point. Have you played the real amp? I'd love to get your thoughts.

I also have a CCV and a Cameron Aldrich I hope to profile in the near future.

Thanks for doing this! I can't wait for the direct profiles.

• Hey Webb, I just want you to know: I use your "Atomica 03 57-121" with another cab sim and this is still one of my amazing free favorite rock tones. Not only that it sounds good... just because it's so tweakable! If you thin out the sound with the volume pot. or lower the gain, the reaction of that rig is very well and sweet.

I even like it a lill' bit more than the "20 $ cameron profile". What a great work - thank you very much:!:

• Hey Webb, I just want you to know: I use your "Atomica 03 57-121" with another cab sim and this is still one of my amazing free favorite rock tones. Not only that it sounds good... just because it's so tweakable! If you thin out the sound with the volume pot. or lower the gain, the reaction of that rig is very well and sweet.

I even like it a lill' bit more than the "20 $ cameron profile". What a great work - thank you very much:!:

Thanks so much! Glad you are digging it. This was one of the first amps I profiled and it's nice to know people are still using it.

• Please excuse for the copy & paste- I looked for a back-story on these amps and their maker on "what happened to the Cameron amps", and found this interesting tid-bit...

"It's a really complicated convoluted story. In the end there were a lot of odd turns and drama - buy outs, jail time etc... Real Jerry Springer type entertainment. Mark Cameron still mods amps under the table, but he doesn't or hasn't manufactured anything under the Cameron Moniker for a while, nor will he likely. Mark was bought of his stake in the company by Friedman and co. Part of the agreement apparently was that he couldn't manufacture or mod commercially for X amount of years. Or so it has been told."

Source

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

Edited once, last by spikey ().