What do you use as a backup in case your Kemper fails?

• iPad Air 2 running either Bias or Amplitube (newest Mesa stuff is pretty cool), along with Positive Grid's BT4 pedal and the same Mission EP1-KP I use with my Kemper, and a PreSonus iTwo audio interface. Not gonna replace the Kemper by any means, but for size & portability, works great.

• If it is only going to be for an emergency situation, the best bang for the buck is the Vox Stomplab at $70 to $90. Basic effects, amp modeling, and a tuner. The extra $20 gets you an expression pedal. Also works on batteries and can be used with headphones for back stage warming up. As with any multieffect/modeler, ignore the stupid presets and tweak to sound good.

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I gigged my Kemper for about 6 months. I loved it, but for me it's easier to haul in a tube amp and mic to FOH. I now use the Kemper for recording and practice.

When I gigged the Kemper my backup was a Supersonic tube amp, I hauled the Supersonic in and it sat at the back of the stage in case I needed it, I believe you always need an immediate backup, I think it's very poor form to make a crowd wait if you have the backup locked up outside in your car or trailer,

I currently gig a Twin Reverb, For outdoor events my backup is my Supersonic and 2nd backup is a Joyo American Sound, For bar gigs I gig the Twin Reverb and my backup is the Joyo.

• Well on the last tour I didn't have a back up and my Kemper stopped working, I was screwed for 2 months having to use something else as I had to send it to the company for repair. Kemper was great in all of this but it took time, so I had my HD500 flown in until I got back my Kemper, and I will say that that was one happy day ;)

• Is the Fly Rig be designed to be used with FRFR, or is it meant to be used into the front end of a conventional amp?

It can go stright into a Low Z channel of a desk to front of house, or into a powered monitor (FRFR for eg) of into the front of a conventianal amp.

The sound is not on par with the KPA but its definately good enough to get you though a show , and bang for buck, small size and the fact it is so simple to use I have struggled to find a "better" solution that works for me. :)

• I never had a backup for my tube amp and the Kemper is already way more reliable..

I now carry a tech 21 sans amp that I bought for £60 although never used it...

Just seems overkill to have a backup Kemper, but depends:
    How important your gigs are i.e. pro?
    How much you want to cart around
    How much money you have

Flyrig seems best bet portability and cost wise...

• I keep a Fly Rig in my gig bag, and until I read this thread, actually forgot that I did have it with me when I go to work!

One thing has always baffled me and that is why do players report unloading all of their other gear just after purchasing a Kemper? I kept my valve amps, and may buy another one, or the new Bias thingy that looks like a Kemper. Obviously, I hope my Kemper never goes down, but better safe then sorry.

• why do players report unloading all of their other gear just after purchasing a Kemper? .

Well, horses for courses. Why not unload gear that you're likely not gonna use again?
    After a certain time, when I became more and more confident with my Profiler, I sold quite a lot of tube amps.
    And bought a second Kemper.

• I keep a Fly Rig in my gig bag, and until I read this thread, actually forgot that I did have it with me when I go to work!

One thing has always baffled me and that is why do players report unloading all of their other gear just after purchasing a Kemper? I kept my valve amps, and may buy another one, or the new Bias thingy that looks like a Kemper. Obviously, I hope my Kemper never goes down, but better safe then sorry.

I had $5000+ of high end tube amps and after having the kemper exclusively for two months and zero desire to lug those things around any more, I got rid of them. If the kemper went down at a show I wouldn't have the tube amps with me anyway, and the flyrig can get me through a show for $200, and just stays in my car all the time so I don't have to think about it.

• I plan on saving up to get a second Kemper, although I'll probably get the unpowered version to save costs as I can't really see my power rack going down. I currently have an Orange Dark Terror as my back up. That's my main distortion that I use on the Kemper, so the only thing I'd lose out on if my KPA went down is the ease of set up and flexibility. Tone wise I wouldn't suffer.