DSP-Problem after FW-Update to 4.0.4 PB

• after Updating to 4.0.4 PB I'm having problems.
    Error message on the display: "DSP Error! Communication with DSP Board has failed."
    Reboot doesn't help :-(.
    Some navigation klicks work... others don't.
    E.g. I cannot go back to 4.0.3 PB :(

Any tips?

• Almost I had a heart attack.
    I have read that while my KPA was updating to the new Beta.
    As I can see now - my KPA works normal. 8|

Thats is really a bad error message - looks like a HW-Problem?
    But this probably helps only for SW-Problems.

I'm afraid you have to contact the support.

Edited 2 times, last by Sharry ().

• Not sure it is hardware as you are not alone! The only significant change is the FW.
    Happened here too. I got the DSP message after fiddling with the Output routing section and can reproduce it quite easily. Mine recovers OK after a reboot. I have opened a ticket and had a response to say they are on to it. All else seems to be OK and the artefacts when changing performances have gone.

• Happened here too. I got the DSP message after fiddling with the Output routing section and can reproduce it quite easily. Mine recovers OK after a reboot. I have opened a ticket and had a response to say they are on to it. All else seems to be OK and the artefacts when changing performances have gone.

how do you reproduce it?

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• [quote='G String',
    how do you reproduce it?[/quote]

Press Output
    Turn Monitor Output back and forth from extreme to extreme a few times and ...
    wait ...

just tried it a gain twice in each direction

about a minute's wait then ... DSP Error!

Try to recover ... Yes

Input disabled ... Reboot clears this.

It had been on for around five hours without a problem until I did this procedure re-run

• I had this same issue, however, I have no idea how to reproduce. After several re-boots, an effort at trying to re-install v4.0.4 (unsuccessful, as it appears I had the file in the incorrect USB stick directory, OS UPDATE as opposed to ROOT) and moving the chicken head knob to a few different places, my KPA finally came back to life. I had no input, sound, most buttons seemed active and function, however, couldn't troubleshoot without input.

Honestly: after a near decade of not being in a band, planning on using the KPA and getting things set up for next weekend's rehearsal in a new band commitment, then having this happen has me seriously (scary seriously) considering going back to the Marshall 4x12 rig.

• Hmm, if I remember correctly, you put the KAOS file in the root directory of your Kemper-formatted stick, then turn on the KPA whilst holding the left and right arrow keys on the front of the unit. @Raoul23? Correct?

• Ok. My problem seems to be solved.
    I opened a ticket at the support and got immediate answer.
    The first tip was:
    If the unit doesn't start, press and hold RIG button while powering on. Keep holding until message appears "Initializing....". This will rebuild internal data base without loss od data nor settings.
    That didn't help.

But the second tip helped:
    If that doesn't help You can try to copy the file KAOS.BIN in the root directory of your USB stick (highest hierarchical level), plug the stick in, press and hold the two <PAGE> buttons and then power on. A Message "Booting & burning" should appear.
    I did that with 4.0.3 PB and since then no problem... I even dared a gig yesterday with it (spare amp close ;) )

Thanks alot for the great support!

So, the good news is, that it doesn't look like a hardware problem.
    And yes, I know that beta firmware is playing with fire... but if nobody tries a beta firmware, it's useless ;)

• I am also having the same issue which is easy to replicate by selecting any source on the monitor output. Would love to downgrade to 4.0.3 however can't find a download for that anywhere on the site. Does anyone know where i can find a download of 4.0.3 to downgrade to till they sort out this bug ?

• Its not anymore at the download area.
    I could send you the file per mail. Call me per PM

Edit - But I do not think it is sensefull. If you want a proofed stabil version then you have to go back to Vers 3.3

Edited 2 times, last by Sharry ().

• It seem to be fine ... if you don't switch Monitor output to Mod Mono

I've gone back to 4.0.3 and that particular problem has gone. It's worth keeping a copy of all the updates!

I switched Monitor output to Mod Mono on 4.0.4 and nothing has happened, no crash.