Line 6 G10 wireless system

• I was talking about feeling latency if you are not close to the box. I think you understood what was mentioned.
    Are you picking peanuts or are you one of the player which are disturbed by 3-5 ms latency? Than don't stand more than 10 m far away from the box (with ore without cable) ;)

I misunderstood the word "box" - I thought you meant the receiver :)

• Well, I have been using the G30 for years and it has always offered solid performance, even if it is a bit filmsy.
    The G10, due to its form factor seems interesting, because of the internal battery too.
    I wonder how much time does it take to be fully charged.

• the bass player in my band has just gotten the G30 and apart from the battery compartment being a bit shabby he says its quite good

This is the reason because I want to change.
    NiHM Accus Typ AA are a little bit thicker than AA batterie. So it's not so easy to close the cover. (I do not like to use batteries if accus are available)
    The battery cover closure is rather a bad design. I always use a tape for safety.
    With the function I never had a problem.

sam: How long you can play with a full accu.?

• The system came almost fully charged and on a full charge you can apparently play 8 hours without breaks. Batteries can be on standby for 200 hours before going flat. I've no idea how long it takes to charge from flat to full, and I doubt I'll ever find out, as the sender charges when docked, which is where it sits when not plugged in to one of my guitars :)

• I'm looking for the Relay G70 or G75, but the G70 would need a power cable in front of me. :thumbdown: I'm happy the remote got power over ethernet and the G75 can't be easily assembled into a rack.
    I think i'll wait a little bit longer. Maybe Line 6 will release a G80 as a 19" rackmounted wireless, but they doesn't answer any question on Line 6 forum. ?(

• This is the reason because I want to change.
    NiHM Accus Typ AA are a little bit thicker than AA batterie. So it's not so easy to close the cover. (I do not like to use batteries if accus are available)
    The battery cover closure is rather a bad design. I always use a tape for safety.

I use Eneloops with my Line6XD belt pack. Unlike most other rechargeables they fit like normal batteries.

• I use Eneloops with my Line6XD belt pack. Unlike most other rechargeables they fit like normal batteries.

Very interesting - thanks for the typ.
    When the G10 will be delivered I will give my G30 to the other guitarist in our band.

• I also got one G10. I feel no additional latency. It worked flawless with my passive Gretsch. I will test my active guitar/bass soon. Line 6 claims that there are troublesome active electroinics arround. I keep my fingers crossed... :D

One thing to note: Line 6 claims this to be not for stage. Could be range issue or stability when alot of other radio is around.

Has anybody tested more than one G10 at the same time? One cannot switch channels, this baby does it on its own.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• I also got one G10. I feel no additional latency. It worked flawless with my passive Gretsch. I will test my active guitar/bass soon. Line 6 claims that there are troublesome active electroinics arround. I keep my fingers crossed... :D

One thing to note: Line 6 claims this to be not for stage. Could be range issue or stability when alot of other radio is around.

Has anybody tested more than one G10 at the same time? One cannot switch channels, this baby does it on its own.

Range is probably an issue.
    The fact that they have a way more expensive line for the "stage" might influence their claims :D

• I just ordered the relay G50 ... Does anyone have any experience with that system? I've read mostly positive reviews, but also found a thread on the Line 6 forum with players complaining about drop outs. Although the thread was old, and some said something about a firmware update. Have heard nothing but good comments about the tone compared to a cable.

• Hi Everyone,
    This all sounds very encouraging as I'd love to go wireless. However, what I really want is a single unit that will provide wireless guitar, wireless head mounted mic AND wireless IEM in one package. Effectively three transmitter/receivers in one.
    As far as I am aware, no manufacturer
    seems to do this. I'm sure some of you would know why not, but it seems a nobrainer that would sell and sell.
    Any thoughts?
    Pre-Amp

• Hi Everyone,
    This all sounds very encouraging as I'd love to go wireless. However, what I really want is a single unit that will provide wireless guitar, wireless head mounted mic AND wireless IEM in one package. Effectively three transmitter/receivers in one.
    As far as I am aware, no manufacturer
    seems to do this. I'm sure some of you would know why not, but it seems a nobrainer that would sell and sell.
    Any thoughts?
    Pre-Amp

I think that the main reason is to avoid that (for example) a problem can let you completely down.
    Imagine you run out of batteries or you transmitter/receiver goes crazy: you lose monitoring and guitar/voice connection.
    And if you need to change your belt pack you have to change, at once, your mic, your guitar and change the headphone jack.
    I think it might be a bit tricky in a live show.