Line 6 G10 wireless system

• Some monitoring issues (we play with a scratch DJ that also drops breaks in some tracks, and the drummer couldn't really hear him to keep in time! No biggie, it wasn't actually that bad, but we have high standards) and we also chose to play a new track that the drummer hasn't played before...! :S

Nothing related to the G10 though

Bummer, but for all you know, the performance would have seemed seamless to the crowd. Having high standards is good, more power to you and your band!

The G10 sounds better and better all the time. I'm wondering if I should pick up one, except I have a lot of Bluetooth stuff in the studio (all these mice and pads and keyboards and there's a Triple Play too). They can be found for a good price of about $200, which seems reasonable.

• Hardware, I believe. I have a EBMM Luke II with EMGs, but it's in storage at the moment. Maybe this week I'll get out there and retrieve it for testing. I'll keep you posted...

Sorry for waking up this old thread! Sam, did you test the G10 with your Luke? I'm owning the same guitar and wonder if the G10 is working with it... Thanks!

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Bummer, but for all you know, the performance would have seemed seamless to the crowd. Having high standards is good, more power to you and your band!

The G10 sounds better and better all the time. I'm wondering if I should pick up one, except I have a lot of Bluetooth stuff in the studio (all these mice and pads and keyboards and there's a Triple Play too). They can be found for a good price of about $200, which seems reasonable.

I have been using a G10 Live and at home and rehearsal with a Triple Play and there have been no problems whatsoever.
    Very happy with the G10!
    Previously had a G30, then G50.

• Been using one of these for a few months, and I love it. Previously worked with Line 6's G90 rack system which did something weird to my tone, and a Sennheiser analog rack unit which was great but used the standard belt-pack style transmitter (which I dislike).

The only downside, and it's considerable, is the poor build quality. It seems so typical of Line 6 to build something as cool as the G10 system and then try to ruin it by installing a power unit which relies on an incredibly flimsy and delicate micro-USB port. My friend has already had to return his unit for a replacement because his broke during a gig, and I've seen similar reports from many others online. Mine's still holding up but I am absolutely expecting it to just cut out one day when I'm relying on it.

• Mine came today as well. I have a gig at a small restaurant tomorrow (with WIFI present). We'll see how it goes.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• It seems so typical of Line 6 to build something as cool as the G10 system and then try to ruin it by installing a power unit which relies on an incredibly flimsy and delicate micro-USB port. My friend has already had to return his unit for a replacement because his broke during a gig, and I've seen similar reports from many others online. Mine's still holding up but I am absolutely expecting it to just cut out one day when I'm relying on it.

Putting a micro-USB port on a device, other than smartphones, particularly on musical devices, is the most stupid choice of manufacturers.