why is sinmix banned again ???

• I think everyone has potential for learning from their own mistakes.

Agreed, Dean.

But after more than half a century on this planet I got enough evidence that this is wrong.

... and I the opposite, after the same length of time.

How can this be? Simple - I feel we're observing two, and yet one-and-the-same phenomena.

I see folks who choose not to learn, where you see those same folks as not having the ability to do so, from their mistakes. I'm sure we've both seen more than our fair share of peeps for whom the only reasonable judgement would seem to be that it's simply impossible for them to learn from their mistakes. I know mate. "Impossible" people have played a huge role in destroying my life... many times!

Still, in spite of the apparent evidence, my take is that these folks choose not to learn from said mistakes; it's not that they cannot, IMHO. There's a clear distinction there.

Believe me, my life experience has seen my being exposed to the worst of the worst of what humanity has to offer. No matter the degree of recalcitrance or lack of personal accountability on offer, I contend that every individual is "designed", "blessed" or however you'd prefer to put it, with the innate ability to learn from his or her mistakes.

At its most basic level, the fact that an individual lives to see adulthood is in and of itself proof not only that he / she has this capacity, but that it has been put into practice. Had he / she not paid attention to the various requisite challenges in life that see all of us come unstuck at some point or another, such as near-misses crossing roads, food poisoning through ignoring foul smells, clips across the ear (or worse) for belligerent behaviour, utility services' being cut off due to the non-payment of bills, driving licences having been revoked for various reasons, being late for appointments or critical (food) shopping trips due to not having allowed sufficient time to "get ready", failing to tread more-carefully across smooth, wet surfaces, cutting corners down passageways to the repeated detriment of one's shoulder tendons, placing one's fingers into boiling fat or water on a stove or touching oven glass, jumping into a shower before the hot or cold water has had time to reach and mix with the other, and so on. Literally countless examples come to mind that IMHO, prove that no individual would likely make it to adulthood, let alone beyond that (chronologically-speaking, of course!), had he or she not possessed the innate capacity to learn from mistakes.

Just clarifying that IMHO, we're talking about a choice here, and not a predetermined limitation. Sure, discipline is applied at an individual's discretion, and this is where the meat and potatoes are to be found; it's a matter of prioritisation of said skill - we all fall somewhere between a perfectly-even application of it across the board and an extremely-narrow implementation that's highly-focussed and constant-titty-tutes, or more-accurately, re-prehensile-titty-presents a bias or set thereof, of... convenience.

It was predicted in a well-known book, thousands of years ago, that these times we live in shall be characterised by an explosion of the number of folks who, to paraphrase the text, "give themselves over to reprobate minds and choose to do only that which is convenient".

That's it. Sermon over. You've now proved that you're not of the latter ilk, having endured the egg-stream-titty-leak (extremely) pointy-titty-fabrications (pontifications) of the Monkster!

I congratulate you, Sir or Madam! :D

• I think simply deleting the offending post would be a more fitting punishment to the "crime" of going over a character limit (which the software of the forum allows??) -- this sort of thing is merely an excuse to ban someone you don't like, if you ask me. Not good for the community, at all.

• My guess and it's just a guess: if you piss more people off and some complain to moderators, you're likely to get warnings.and maybe banned. It's similar to voting where only few members get to vote.

It's not like the business world were professionals prepare themselves to answer the difficult questions with better responses than calling those who ask "twats"

Sinmix was somehow branded by some to be a metal head that can't act business like. Based on what I have seen and after reviewing the thread that is being sited as his downfall and the cause for his banning (Lammert thread), I didn't find any offensive language from sinmix. All I found was the sinmix is asking the difficult questions (Despite the request in the thread title not ask the difficult questions otherwise you're a twat with no life). sinmix passionately discusses his views on micing and mixing besides asking the difficult questions.

So why is it that he's banned when quite a few are getting away with terribly offensive vulgar language? I asked myself :|

My conclusion is that those who are offended by the vulgar language aren't petty and don't complain to the moderators, so vulgar language stays and asking difficult questions get banned as those offended by difficult questions are likely to complain to moderators (I trust that Lammert had nothing to do with this though, just others who were offended which is their right)

My disclaimer is that I'm not taking sides as I have never bought a single pack from sinmixm, but he's a professional business man who's fair enough to give enough good free profiles that I found to be as good sounding as his non-free ones.
    Thanks sinmix . Let's not forget that Lammert also gave free profiles and they're in the rig exchange so thanks to him also.
    If I may say one thing to advice sinmix it would be:

Glad you'll be back and once you do, learn what I also have learned: internet discussion message boards and not only the KPA message board are not the place to discuss the difficult questions, so save yourself the heartburn, don't ask the difficult questions. I compare this phenomenon to road rage. Some studies showed that for many, as soon as they put there hand on the wheel , the hormones and body chemistry is readying for rage! When members log in to messages board and put their hands on the keyborads, many exhibit similar behavior to road rage from my experience, just like you shouldn't cut anyone off on the road, don't cut anyone off in message boards by asking the difficult questions. It's sad but it's true.and won't change. If everyone here met in person, I have no doubt they would get along very nicely, but behind computer screens, not the same. Know your audience/customers.

My best to everyone.

• Branded him? Stop with the sensitive dramatics. Him being a metalhead and non business like was a complement. If you don't understand that, you never will. I've bought profiles from Sinmix and think he's an awesome guy.

• ... as opposed to "this thread is dead"... agreed, Frank!

So why is it that he's banned when quite a few are getting away with terribly offensive vulgar language? I asked myself

I've noticed and appreciate the fact that the mods are willing to consider the context and frequency of said language, Dean. To me, it's exactly as it was in high school. I remember that when we were studying "To Kill a Mockingbird", a fella (actually, the brother of the once-successful golfer Bret Ogle, named Robert), as he read a passage out 'loud as we took it in turns, one paragraph at a time, stumbled upon the "f" word. He hesitated for fear of getting himself into trouble, then read on. The class burst into laughter (yeah, things were different in those days) due to the novelty of hearing such language in a classroom, but the teacher, of course, pointed out to us that it was all about context. It was then that I learned that the more-sparing one's use of such language, the more gravitas it carried.

These days, I don't go there at all; the unfathomable breadth of options provided by the English (and dare I say, other) language/s mitigates any excuse I can conceive.

I hereby praise the mods for their mature-and-sensible attitude in this regard. For many folks, resorting occasionally to swearing is simply a whole-lot more efficient than, say, consulting a Thesaurus, especially where a point of passion is to be made.

Repeated or just-for-the-heck-of-it use of it, however, should be and is discouraged by the mods and members, as has been evidenced in the past. I for one have stepped in and tried to politely point this out on occasion, and it's been heeded with considerate concession. Not once have I seen someone complain when asked to "dial it back a little". Folks get it... thank God; a sense of what is reasonable, thankfully, reigns supreme in this, our little corner of the MultiVerse (get it? LOL).

Just my 2¢ on the foul-language thing, mate.

My conclusion is that those who are offended by the vulgar language aren't petty and don't complain to the moderators, so vulgar language stays...)

... unless, as I pointed out, it becomes the norm as opposed to the exception...

... and asking difficult questions get banned as those offended by difficult questions are likely to complain to moderators (I trust that Lammert had nothing to do with this though, just others who were offended which is their right)

I don't feel I have sufficient inside info to enable me to endorse this conclusion, Dean.

Who knows? You could be right, but I'd like to think that the mods are no fools and weren't born yesterday, and that it would therefore be difficult to pull the wool over their eyes and trigger a superficial, emotional reaction such as this.

Phew! Man, we musicians. :D

• Branded him? Stop with the sensitive dramatics. Him being a metalhead and non business like was a complement. If you don't understand that, you never will. I've bought profiles from Sinmix and think he's an awesome guy.

You fooled me!! I missed on the compliment part when you said that he would eventually be banned and specifically said that he his best option is to open his own message board. Glad to know that you were complimenting him, but I hope if anyone ever feels the need to compliment me, it wouldn't be in similar ambiguous manner.

I'm not the one who started the drama here. The ones who started the drama are those who can't handle discussing uncomfortable questions and openly calling for permanent ban.

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• You fooled me!! I missed on the compliment part when you said that he would eventually be banned and specifically said that he his best option is to open his own message board.

I'm not the one who started the drama here. The ones who started the drama are those who can't handle discussing uncomfortable questions and openly calling for permanent ban.

The point of being a metalhead is not conforming. I've talked to Sinmix even before I was a member here. So yes I fooled you because you don't get it.
    And I've discussed with Sinmix in private about doing his own forum and I would help.
    This is the kemper forum not the sinmix forum. Recommending him to make his own is the best advice.
    Complaining and speculating accomplishes absolutely nothing. Like your post.

• The point of being a metalhead is not conforming. I've talked to Sinmix even before I was a member here. So yes I fooled you because you don't get it.
    And I've discussed with Sinmix in private about doing his own forum and I would help.
    This is the kemper forum not the sinmix forum. Recommending him to make his own is the best advice.

The point of being a metalhead is not conforming. I've talked to Sinmix even before I was a member here. So yes I fooled you because you don't get it.

You're right I don't get it and my post accomplishes nothing. I'm in awe of your wisdom sir and I aspire to learn to be like you and be able to get it one day. Why didn't I think of that, that's great advice, let him get permanently banned as eventually he will and then he can have his own forum!! Have a great day! You win, and I"m sorry, I didn't mean to cut you off! :)

• thread close time?

Proves my point very clearly : internet discussion forums are riddled with people who can't handle serious discussions. Why do I even bother!! But for what's it's worth and this is to sinmix,

My advice to you, don't listen to anyone who tells you to start your own forum if the price is getting banned here. When you come back, my honest best advice to give to you is Not to Participate in any discussion because as you see, they can easily turn into arguments. You don't want to risk losing your membership here from a business stand point. If you don't trust me, just look at most if not all the other commercial sellers, they rarely participate in anything but their own threads.Peace .I'm out of this thread

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• Proves my point very clearly : internet discussion forums are riddled with people who can't handle serious discussions. Why do I even bother!! But for what's it's worth and this is to sinmix,

My advice to you, don't listen to anyone who tell you to start your own forum if the price is getting banned here. When you come back, my honest best advice to give to you is Not to Participate in any discussion because as you see, they can easily turn into arguments. You don't want to risk losing your membership here from a business stand point. If you don't trust me, just look at most if not all the other commercial sellers, they rarely participate in anything but their own threads.Peace .I'm out of this thread

Guess what, I own a forum that's been online since 2001. Over a million members signed up, thousands online at any given time with a staff of 50. ☺

• Guess what, I own a forum that's been online since 2001. Over a million members signed up, thousands online at any given time with a staff of 50. ☺

We'll, I'm wholeheartedly happy for you, I love to hear success stories and wish everyone can succeed. You're doing a great job and I wish you more success. But what are the chances for me or an average person to get million members sign up?? My guess it wasn't easy, and it required a lot of hard work, unless you're extremely lucky.

The important thing in the context of this thread is , how many Kemper profiles would you sell that come from this forum. In other words? if you no longer participate and freely advertise in this forum, what Kind of a hit your profile selling business will take? I ask because I don't know, but I would imagine it would be between 50% - 100%. So getting banned from this forum I would imagine, just like most reasonable people would expect, would be detrimental to anyone selling Kemper profiles. Is that correct or am I far off?

Edited 2 times, last by Dean_R ().

• We'll, I'm whole heatedly happy for you, I love to hear success stories and wish everyone can succeed. You're doing a great job and I wish you more success. But what are the chances for me or an average person to get million members sign up?? My guess it wasn't easy, and it required a lot of hard work, unless your extremely lucky.

The important thing in the context of this thread is , how many Kemper profiles would you sell that come from this forum. In other words? if you no longer participate and freely advertise in this forum, what Kind of a hit your profile selling business will take? I ask because I don't know, but I would imagine it would be between 50% - 100%. So getting banned from this forum I would imagine, just like most reasonable people would expect, would be detrimental to anyone selling Kemper profiles. Is that correct or am I far off?

Maybe 20% of my sales are from this forum. The rest are from other stuff I do for promotional other tactics ☺besides, his unban is almost around the corner so why bicker.

• I'm not bickering. Some stated their opinions advocating a permanent ban, others made an ominous prediction that he would eventually be permanently banned, so I stated my opinion that contradicts with those opinions. Disagreeing is not bickering, it''s part of any healthy discussion. So I got attacked personally and was told that my post accomplishes nothing, Now that's not part of a healthy discussion.

• I'll note that Sinmix didn't just get banned on this forum, he got banned on another as well. I'm not too sure what rule was broken on ultimatemetal, but I don't think it was the same one as on the Kemper forums.

That said, the forum rules explicitly state, "Do not advertise on another commercial seller's thread". As a result, people who complained that the profile wasn't worth $50 were not banned. But Sinmix was.

I guess as a commercial seller, he needs to be more careful and proactive to guard his interest in being on this forum, since it would be terrible for all his posts in the commercial profiles section to disappear (as they have right now).

As far as foul language, I don't think it has a place on forums, just for the sake of keeping things civil. If the mods don't step in on the first post, when do they step in? After the 50th? And if not one word, how about 50? Suppose a foul mouth gang is formed and users are abused consistently for something like say, supporting the Axe FX. (Sound like a good idea, Nicky? haha)

Some pretty nasty things could be said and I don't think any of them will contribute to the forums. I mean if dropping the F word doesn't count, what does? And some pretty nasty stuff could be said.

Like "User X's mother is a sh*t-festered wh*re, she got r*ped and sired User X but never wanted that effin' b*st*rd, the best part of whom dribbled down his father's leg. He's a c*nt, and an effin' a-hole. He f*cks children and his girlfriend is giving me head right now.".

And then others join in.

And then User X gets a complex or commits suicide.

The mothership really should lay down some kind of warning system for that kind of talk. Seriously, my example was not to get banned, but just to point out that allowing one insult could spiral into all kinds of things.

It's a slippery slope and a line should be drawn early on, similar to the warning system for using over 60 characters in a thread topic.

• You're right, I think AJ, that it's a slippery slope, but I still maintain that a clear boundary that's plain for all to see exists between the occasional F word, for the purpose of indicating passion (that Profile's the effin' shiz, man!.. for example), and intended malice. There's an awful-long way to fall from this to the example you gave, and I know you see that, but my point is that I don't think there's a grey area between the two extremes of my and your examples. If there were a grey area, that IMHO would constitute a slippery slope, but without it there's literally nothing to slip on. I believe that both the mods and we would see and hear the alarm bells ringing the second someone became sadistic / spiteful / belligerent. No doubt in my mind.

Really, and this again is only MHO, in this context it makes sense, as I alluded to earlier, for the mods to let things fly a little when it comes to the actual words we choose to express ourselves as individuals. IMHO it'd feel like a police state or dictatorship otherwise - not ideal in a creative space or one where subjects relating to creativity are being discussed. That said, I think I speak for many when I say that there is the odd word, and the only one I can think of right now is the C one, that just plain grates with most of us and is hard to justify using in virtually any context one might encounter here on the board.

To sum up, the way I see it is:

1) F word OK once in a while for the purpose of conveying a rare situation - one of surprise, enormity or great passion.
    2) F word not OK if it's used routinely as a sentence filler, so to speak.
    3) C word not OK. Repeated use in spite of warnings from mods should incur a demerit point, IMHO.

... and that should be about it, IMHO. Plenty of room for freedom left, as long as we're not subjected to topic banning. That would probably get half the forum up in arms, I reckon! :D

Sound like a good idea, Nicky? haha

Now that was funny, AJ! :D

Take care, mate.

PS: In case anyone's wondering, I don't swear myself. I did have a very foul mouth as a youngster, and that helps me understand that folks don't mean any harm by it. This, and my strong belief in personal freedom, guides my thoughts on this matter. The bottom line for me is to measure / read intent. As I've said, if there's no malice, there cannot be a problem... IMbloodyHO :D

• That said, the forum rules explicitly state, "Do not advertise on another commercial seller's thread". As a result, people who complained that the profile wasn't worth $50 were not banned. But Sinmix was.

Yup. He basically stepped in and dumped all over Lammert's thread like he had some axe to grind.

That's just plain not cool.

• The mothership really should lay down some kind of warning system for that kind of talk......

There's even a smarter and better solution. Line 6 implemented a filter that detects foul words and replaces them with some other silly meaningless words. Even though users can type A$$ as even the word ass is caught by the filter, now most are aware that it's not allowed and they're taking a chance when they willfully manipulate and evade forum regulations, so they might receive warnings or further action.