Is it possible to block a user? (solved)

• I cannot find it in my profile. there is a user that is trolling me. I do not even know him, so wtf. long story short: he told me to stop posting and to "shut up" which is rude.
    can i stop someone from posting in my threads? Thank you guys

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• @Sharry Yes , you can block a user with "Einstellung" , "Community", "Blockierte Nutzer"

Thanks, Harry. But no, this is not working. It only SHOWS that i am blocking zero users. :D
    But is greyed out and not functional.
    I want to avoid that the person can post in my threads. so, no big deal, no fight, just one click, done.
    I am afraid it is not possible. someone else?

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• You can't prevent another user to post in "your" threads.
    In theory, you can only block a user on his profile page, there is a small icon in the top right to block this person (which basically means you just hide his posts for your own peace of mind).
    But it has no actual effect, as far as I can tell. You still see the persons posts. Must be a forum setting.

• You can't prevent another user to post in "your" threads.
    In theory, you can only block a user on his profile page, there is a small icon in the top right to block this person (which basically means you just hide his posts for your own peace of mind).
    But it has no actual effect, as far as I can tell. You still see the persons posts. Must be a forum setting.

I think that's it, lightbox. i presumed this is the case. I do not want to hide the user from MY eyes but from anyone's. Okay, no big deal, but thanks for answering. :thumbup:

• By the way, if I get it right, then you might have misunderstood something.
    The picture posted in your latest thread says "Shut up and take my money" which basically means: "Great, I want to buy it now. Don't waste time and make it available now."

Do you think so? Well, peace, love and harmony then! 8o I would be glad, if i misunderstood that, for sure! But as i havent met the guy, i am not sure.

• @Sharry Yes , you can block a user with "Einstellung" , "Community", "Blockierte Nutzer"

Thanks, Harry. But no, this is not working. It only SHOWS that i am blocking zero users. :D
    But is greyed out and not functional.
    I want to avoid that the person can post in my threads. so, no big deal, no fight, just one click, done.
    I am afraid it is not possible. someone else?

deleted.

• this is a extreme positive meaning
    ok you don't have to convince me of your products , just take my money, and both will be happy
    look at the merit or guidorist threads, its most often used there to show how happy people are
    when a new product will come out

• Lol, a prime example of language barrier...

Just a small but significant misunderstanding.
    All's good!!

Love :)

Peace and understanding. @Ingolf@schneidas@digbob

Thank you so much for your comments. So you think this is a positive statement? I still dont get it, but my languge is german. So sorry for the hassle.
    And all is well in Kemperland. :thumbup:

• The origin of this phrase comes from Futurama Season 6 episode 3!

Really, no kiddin'? This in fact is a POSITIVE statement. Hahha!

See here

• Geraldo yes, trust us!!! This is a normal super-positive statement. If you frequent in English speaking forums you'll encounter it quite frequently.

Peace

I trust you all. :thumbup: I appologize for not asking Shadowjumper as a first step. He confirmed what u said already. Case close.

Have a nice day! :thumbup:

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• OK every becomes fine during my F1 Grand Prix beauty sleep :)
    Indead the sentence "shut up and take my money " is a running gag I have seen sometime in the Commercial Forum and has the meaning as it was explained now.

BTW: Now I know how to block somebody really :) - but I think also its only for Personal Message.
    To block general only Mods should be able.

• Did you go to your local GP (not the doctor!) yesterday, Harry?

I have seen it at the TV. But I know the circle - I had once a course with my motorbike there.
    Usual at this after noon time I see the start and the stuff before with all the information and than wake up in the last 10 to 15 rounds ^^