Yamaha EMX2+ 2xYamaha CBR10 speakers. Any has tried them ?

• Hey guys, want to purchase a small P.A. for my small live gigs and I need your opinion.

I need only one mic, one stereo input for my Kemper, and one stereo input for my backing tracks (via a Cymatic LP-16).

Was looking at the Yamaha EMX2 (mixtable+poweramp) + 2 CBR10 passive speakers.

Was also thinking about the ELX112 speakers...

Any guys have tried them ?

I was looking at the Stagepas 600i but it doesn't offer as much input options (Ipad, ...)

• Sold my small yamaha pa ( emx 212s) with the 12" Yamaha cabs because i wasn't happy with the kpa sound over the system. For voices it's ok but not good and the kpa sounds crappy over it.
    Have bought a HK nano 600 but i am also not happy with the kpa sound over it, the rest is excellent, so i use the HK System for backing tracks or voice and my rcf sma 10" frfr for the kpa sound.

Cheers
    Frank

• I just started using a Turbosound IP1000 for small solo shows and I've gotten quite a few compliments on the sound. Only thing I added was as equalizer to flatten it out a bit and to tweak a few frequencies where I'd occasionally get some vocal feedback. No speaker cables or monitors to play with and if I want to add speakers, I can just connect active speakers and/or a sub as an extension. I really like the line array even level across the room.

• Sold my small yamaha pa ( emx 212s) with the 12" Yamaha cabs because i wasn't happy with the kpa sound over the system. For voices it's ok but not good and the kpa sounds crappy over it.
    Have bought a HK nano 600 but i am also not happy with the kpa sound over it, the rest is excellent, so i use the HK System for backing tracks or voice and my rcf sma 10" frfr for the kpa sound.

Cheers
    Frank

Hey Frank,

Interesting because I have played a few times on EMX212S + Audiophony 12' passive cabs and honestly I had a solid tone.

• I just started using a Turbosound IP1000 for small solo shows and I've gotten quite a few compliments on the sound. Only thing I added was as equalizer to flatten it out a bit and to tweak a few frequencies where I'd occasionally get some vocal feedback. No speaker cables or monitors to play with and if I want to add speakers, I can just connect active speakers and/or a sub as an extension. I really like the line array even level across the room.

I bought one of these a few months ago and have only tried it in my living room. I was going to do a duo and then it didn't happen. The brief test I did wasn't at much volume, but I much prefer the DXR10 for my guitar tones. It might be that the addition of the equalizer would help that out though. I suspect that for a single act using backing tracks that there will be compromise somewhere in the system - unless you bring a lot of gear :)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

So I finally had the opportunity to air my IP1000 out, and was surprised at how good it sounded. I had to drop the treble 9db, and increase the bass 3db to get the balance I wanted, but then it sounded pretty damn good. We were running 3 mics, 2 guitars (mine through the KPA and the other through a vintage Vox Tonelab LE). We also pushed the bass through it, though he also had an amp. I had the IP1000 on one side, and my DXR10 on a pole on the other side. We don't have a drummer, so there's not as much total sound. However, we were set up on a mountainside deck, and aiming out over the mountains, so plenty of open air. I was pleasantly surprised. These are a great value.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer