Kemper sounding not right

• Hi there,
    For some reason my Kemper is sounding not quite right, its hard to explain but every rig sounds both boomy and shrill at the same time, I thought maybe its because I have a bit of a cold but I doubt it could explain everything. I tried reloading the rigs but still no cigar, Im running it into a Universal Apollo Twin and monitoring through Yamaha HS 6.

Thanks in advance

• Thank you for your reply. I'm going out from main output right into line in on Apollo. Output is default.
    Cab is on.
    There is no warmth or chunk, the feel isn't right.

I got a rig pack and the demos sounded great but not when I use them, I appreciate that different gear is used that it won't sound identical.

Thanks

• Not sure I am following you - did you have everything set up and it sounded good and then something changed and it sounded 'off' or has it always sounded off?

What Firmware are you running?

• Not sure I am following you - did you have everything set up and it sounded good and then something changed and it sounded 'off' or has it always sounded off?

What Firmware are you running?

this setting is right
    did you get a better sound before
    or was it always like you wrote
    same with headphones ?

Same with headphones and more or less has been the same.

• Not so fast - I recommend you go through a lot of the menus and make note of your settings before you do a system reset - else you will face additional frustration when things change that you didn't expect to.

• I've been chasing a similar problem recently. Seemed like the tone of many of my rigs had changed. Even during shows, many rigs seemed to have random fluctuations in tone and volume. I do think that I've finally got it resolved, and my tone has returned, though I'm not sure which change actually helped. Things that I tried:

1. Updated the firmware to 4.05 Beta (why not. just released)
    2. Replaced a loose jack in my speaker cabinet (maybe bad connection)
    3. Re-calibrated the Expression pedals in my footcontroller (make sure I have full volume range)
    4. Switched Main Output preset to "Default"
    5. Replaced cables connecting my Eventide H9 to the KPA Fx Loop (bad cables in the loop can affect the KPA tone with loop active. My loop is always active.)

• Press the rig button and hold when you switch on your kpa. Hold the rig button until initializing rigs appears in the display. Maybe it helps.
    Cheer
    Frank

Seemed to help however when turned it on the next day it sounded shrill again and then i have to spend time tweaking again

• I've been chasing a similar problem recently. Seemed like the tone of many of my rigs had changed. Even during shows, many rigs seemed to have random fluctuations in tone and volume. I do think that I've finally got it resolved, and my tone has returned, though I'm not sure which change actually helped. Things that I tried:

1. Updated the firmware to 4.05 Beta (why not. just released)
    2. Replaced a loose jack in my speaker cabinet (maybe bad connection)
    3. Re-calibrated the Expression pedals in my footcontroller (make sure I have full volume range)
    4. Switched Main Output preset to "Default"
    5. Replaced cables connecting my Eventide H9 to the KPA Fx Loop (bad cables in the loop can affect the KPA tone with loop active. My loop is always active.)

Thanks for your response.

• Seemed to help however when turned it on the next day it sounded shrill again and then i have to spend time tweaking again

Maybe there is something wrong with the memory. Dont know if there is a battery in it which is low. Please report to support.

• I have just had the exact same problem. I reset the Kemper to factory default updated to the latest Beta version & loaded some great profiles & it just wasn't happening. I managed to sort it by holding the rig button and installing the Kemper factory amps! it asked me, so I went ahead. I can't say for certain they were already installed. either way I got the final settings in the output section. I am running a passive wedge & the powered monitor output had a 6db boost which I don't need, then I made sure my main output was routed to the stereo out config. it may of moved & also a very important thing is the pure cab level. also make sure you can see all outputs that are correct for your desired output configuration. those outputs could of easily been changed by accident & the pure cab & power amp need to be set right hope this helps Karl

Edited once, last by Gtr man ().