A way to lock definition and sag

• Is there a way to lock definition and sag without locking the profile that's loaded? I use this all the time to use rigs that I like for my Les Paul for use on a Strat or Tele. I know I can just create extra rigs, but I find that it's pretty much always just a change in definition for me. Maybe having these parameters on the Input screen where you might lock a Clean Sense for different guitars? That way you could lock in these parameters so they could be saved per guitar instead of only per rig.

• Not really sure what you mean. I'm just saying that if I lower the definition on may of the rigs that I like for a humbucker guitar, they will general then be fine for my single coil guitars. Sure they could still be tweaked but that's true of any rig.

I'm sure it wouldn't work in all cases, but then neither would locking anything else. I just find that a majority of the profiles I like for my Les Paul have very high definition (not all but most), and most I like for single coils have it and 4-5. So having a way to lock it would give me an easy way to use a set of rigs for either guitar.

• M.Britt and also some other great Profiler once stated that the Amplifier values are very mighty but also vera subtil working Parameter. I can not imagine that there are standard values for eache Rig to fit to the guitar.
    Generally this way I do the same with my SC-Strat but I checked it with every Profile.
    Exact I can do this only during rehearsal, when we play with GIG-Loudness.

• Definitely Sharry.

I have some profiles, say one of the Tonehammer JVM for example, that have alot of cut and high mid bite and are quite tight in the bottom end at around 5.7 on definition, which to most is probably quite a spongy and "vintage" feel generally on most profiles.

On that example alone one global setting wouldn't work for every profile. However I do end up most of the time around the same levels regarding definition and clarity on rigs where the base tone is almost already there to my tastes.

• Not really sure what you mean. I'm just saying that if I lower the definition on may of the rigs that I like for a humbucker guitar, they will general then be fine for my single coil guitars. Sure they could still be tweaked but that's true of any rig.

I'm sure it wouldn't work in all cases, but then neither would locking anything else. I just find that a majority of the profiles I like for my Les Paul have very high definition (not all but most), and most I like for single coils have it and 4-5. So having a way to lock it would give me an easy way to use a set of rigs for either guitar.

I get that you want to lower definition of humbucker rigs when using single coils and vice versa.
    What I mean is this: Do you want to lower all the humbucker rigs' definition to the same value when you use single coils?
    If you just want to lower it but not to the same value for every rig, locking might not be what you want.
    However, I haven't tried this. It might be possible that the same definition value works for many amps when you use the same guitar.

• Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I'm just saying that for the way I use these rigs, having the extra locks would be helpful. Being that we can already lock lots of parameters, it seems odd that these can't be usefully locked. Seems you can lock the whole amp section, which would basically keep you always on the same rig. To me that would seem pretty useless. But I can't lock things like sag that I pretty much always change. But then I don't care about exact representations of the original profiled amps. I just find ones I like the tweak then until I like them more. For me, sag up around 4 or 5 improves almost every that rig I'd use.

I get by fine without these few locks, but it just struck me as a way to need a few less "per guitar" copies of rigs so I thought I'd get it out there. Actually I'd extend it to suggest they just make all the parameters lockable instead of clustering these few things as they currently are.

Also understood that the Kemper folks are busy with much more important stuff like a final V4 and getting on with V5, but hopefully they listen to stuff like this as well.

• I think they at least glance at the requests, though I doubt they read through all the comments though, unless they are intrigued by the initial feature request.

A good work around for what you are trying to do is if there is a block you can spare, say D, use that as an Eq block. Then dial in to match the guitar you want and lock that slot. I'd say the X slot would render the EQ more powerful, as before the amp it tends to shape how it will distort in the amp block, whereas after it will shape the distorted sound.

• we can already lock lots of parameters

Actually, what you can lock are the "button" blocks, nothing else.

you can lock the whole amp section, which would basically keep you always on the same rig. To me that would seem pretty useless

Well, it's not. You may experiment how the same amp sounds like with a different set of fx and\or cab, for example. Imagine doing it on real gear: you keep your favourite amp but change all the rest :)
    For example, you might want to try your DI profile with several cabs.

• Don't know why you'd feel a need to "correct" me on this.

You prefer to call them "Button" blocks. That would be locking groups of parameters. And yes, I know these can already be locked. My feature request is that it would be helpful to be able to lock a few of those within the "button" blocks as well.

You take some type of offense that I find "amp" locking not useful. I find it simple to do things like changing cabinets or effect groups without locking the amp. If it works for you great. To me that particular lock is not at all useful.

What I can't do is to lock Sag, Definition, Clarity, etc, then scroll through a series of amps to see how they might be affected. Maybe you find that not so useful, but I use it all time. Not so difficult to change by hand, but then that's why this is a feature request.

If Kemper likes it great. Maybe they could add it in some future editor. Maybe not. In the meantime, the suggestion is made.

• Wow, chill out man :D It takes much more than that to offend me ;)

You wrote "To me that would seem pretty useless", I replied "it's not" and tried to show you an application that I consider practical.

OTOH, I am aware that there are functions on a device as complex as the Profiler that a certain person is never going to use. So if this is what you mean I find it perfectly OK. But it would not be smart to leave out a feature because a single user states they find it useless, in the same way as Kemper are not going to implement any functions that a single individual suggests.

IOW, I was not trying to force you to consider this specific function useful, but rather trying to show that it has useful applications.

Hope this clarifies :)