Is there a 1u rack device that,, (Kemper & IEM-related)

• Hey All,

I am not very savvy when it comes to IEMs but I am looking for a 1u rack device that will:

Take a stereo/mono signal from desk
    Take mono or stereo signal from the KPA

Mix it into a stereo headphone out (IEMs)

A line mixer rack maybe? Do these have built in preamps or do I still need my IEM amp?
    I have read some do this via the KPA without any additional devices.

Can you please share your knowledge?

Thanks,
    TA

• What exactly are you trying to setup?

The KPA has a very basic mixer inside that allows you to mix your guitar signal and an external signal from the alternate and return jacks. This is a stereo input so if you're bringing in a mono signal you'll need a special cable to get both ears working from the headphone jack.

you then monitor the entire mixed signal from the headphone jack.
    Is that what you're trying to do?
    sean

• Thanks all.

I think @Ingolf covered it.
    One question about this approach;
    Using both inputs at the back of the KPA will give me left and right signals.
    What happens when the board does not have stereo aux sends?
    If I get a mono send into either of the alt. inputs it will send it either left or right in my IEMs. take 2 mono instead maybe?
    I have been scrolling through the menus in the KPA but I cannot find out how/ whether I can set either of the alt. inputs to mono so I can hear from both ears.

• Yes, you need to use 2 mono signals then, otherwise there will be only sound on one side.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• You'll need a cable with with single mono connector on one end (monitor send from board) and a cable with two mono connectors on the other end (Kemper alt in and return). You'll get the exact same signal in both ears but at least it will sound and feel better than only having signal in one ear.