Remote is renaming my 1st slot in Performance???? - SOLVED

• So I just picked up a Remote - had been using LF devices and thought I would give the remote a spin. I have a performance set up as follows:

1/ 2 /3/ 4/ 5
    Rhythm/ Rhythm Boost/ Lead/ Lead Boost/ Lead Boost Wet

Works fine but occasionally when I power up my Kemper something weird happens - slot 1 in this performance assumes the name of one of the other slots - most recently named it "Lead Boost Wet". Just changes the name of the preset, the actual preset itself (stomps on/off status, gain etc) is unchanged? I hope I have explained this adequately.

I am on the most recent Beta firmware.

Has anyone had this happen?

• Seems to be a known bug (if it goes away after chaning performances), experienced this as well.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Hi,
    glad you brought this up!
    We already talked about this rather unpleasant kind of iniative, though. For me it's the first slot (clean) it copied to the fourth slot in performance 12 which should be rather gainy and most definitely not clean. It did happen as well with other performances. Moreover: It does change not only the name but also the content of the slot.
    Did happen last tuesday when gigging with the Kemper. This "feature" has been there for quite some time. In terms of programming it seems to be caused by a misdirected pointer operation. Well that's where I would look.

Greetings
    Joachim

PS Switching up and down performances wise did help sometimes. But not always.

• Try switching out of that performance and back and see if it corrects it..... It's happened to me as well

Seems to be a known bug (if it goes away after chaning performances), experienced this as well.

Thank you. Happened again tonight and your "fix" worked perfectly. Changed to another performance and back to original performance and all is well. Tell me, does this JUST happen on startup, and once it has been rectified by switching to another performance bank and back, it does not happen again? If so it is fine. If it continues to rename the slots throughout the course of a gig then this is no good!

Yeah, it's a bug with the beta, although I thought this was fixed in 4.0.5...?

I am on 4.05 so I assume it is not fixed Sambrox.

^ REALLY - so switching performances doesn't always rectify the described problem? Can other users confirm this as well?? If so this is no good. May just send it back and stick with my LF controllers.

• I got confirmation from Kemper that it is only an issue after startup. It is a glitch with the edit buffer. As long as you don't store the performance in question, you should be fine to go forth and back and it should solve itself. It should be fixed in the next beta, whenever that appears.

• I got confirmation from Kemper that it is only an issue after startup. It is a glitch with the edit buffer. As long as you don't store the performance in question, you should be fine to go forth and back and it should solve itself. It should be fixed in the next beta, whenever that appears.

Great news. Thanks @sambrox!

• Mine is doing something similar. I have a performance saved that I use for my band stuff. Every so often, randomly, the profile in slot one will change to different profile when powering up.

I am on the latest public release (as of last week), but it was doing this with it when it was the latest Beta too.

I've been checking this every time I start up the Kemper, and re-saving the desired profile when it's changed. FWIW, it always changes to the same profile that's in slot 4 for some reason.

• 4.06 public beta has just been released. This version fixes a bug that is related to wrong data being loaded into a performance after a restart.

I´m on 4.0.6.

After Startup the first slot still shows the wrong preset (in my case slot 4, which I used last). Going up and down the performances fixes this.

• I am on 4.06 now as well. Wrong presets in performance mode has happened to me once on 4.06. Prior firmware it happened all the time. Going up then back down in performance bank rectified.

• According to our developers switching to a different performance once should fix this permanently.

Hi hj,

after startup this morning, slot 1 still shows the wrong preset. Going up/dwon the performance preset solves the problem.
    If I shut down while being on slot one, that same slot is display correctly in slot one after reboot. If I shut down on while being on slot four, slot one shows slot four. I can recreate the scenario every single time.

• I'm having a similar issue where Slot 1 becomes the rig in Slot 4 (It was not the same rig originally). I've gone up and down in the same performance and no change. I will try the change in performance slots and see. Also have issues where the slot does not show the correct rig name. The rig is correct but the name is not. Went into the settings and corrected with "use ring name" but this has happened on two performance sets.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: