FW 4.06 Beta Experiences Thread

• I figured, it made sense to start a new thread specifically for 4.06, as the generic 4.0 is like 50 pages long now and is tough to sort out what versions folks are talking about anymore. We can use this one to discuss experiences specifically related to 4.06.

• First thing I noticed is there seems to be less lag on the remote screen when hitting changes compared to the 4.5 which some of us were complaining about. Plus when going to rename a slot, the character movement kept up with the knob. At least as far as my memory serves, it seems as fast as when I was using 3.3. It also seemed to boot up faster.

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• For me the biggest improvement of 4.0.6 is lack of visual lag when I am switching rigs using arrow RIG buttons.
    On 4.0.5 it was hell laggish sometimes, meaning that when I pressed for example RIG > (next) button, the name of the rig was updated instantly, but the effects slots and EQ leds were updated with noticeable lag.
    It is much much better now, not instant (as far as "instant" term does not exist in mathematical world), but acceptable in terms of live playing I guess (I do not play live).
    What's more setting a rig as favorite seems much faster than it was on 3.2.0. It is not as fast as 2.7 but it is also much faster as in previous versions.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• For me the biggest improvement of 4.0.6 is lack of visual lag when I am switching rigs using arrow RIG buttons.
    On 4.0.5 it was hell laggish sometimes, meaning that when I pressed for example RIG > (next) button, the name of the rig was updated instantly, but the effects slots and EQ leds were updated with noticeable lag.
    It is much much better now, not instant (as far as "instant" term does not exist in mathematical world), but acceptable in terms of live playing I guess (I do not play live).
    What's more setting a rig as favorite seems much faster than it was on 3.2.0. It is not as fast as 2.7 but it is also much faster as in previous versions.

Excellent news! I'm going to update right now!

• Please I'm interested in knowing if they have solved the lag problem

If switching rigs by pressing RIG < arrows > is technically the same as switching rigs using buttons on the Kemper Remote (both methods use MIDI messages I guess) than I would risk a statement, that the problem with lagging has been rectified.
    But please check yourself (and come back with results).

• If switching rigs by pressing RIG < arrows > is technically the same as switching rigs using buttons on the Kemper Remote (both methods use MIDI messages I guess) than I would risk a statement, that the problem with lagging has been rectified.
    But please check yourself (and come back with results).

No two ways about it.

The all-pervasive, system-wide lag in everything in 4.0.x has been massively improved in 4.0.6 ....... at least as good as 3.3 and not too far off 2.7 .

Great stuff :)

....... also, dont know if anyone else has seen or posted this before, but boot-up time is v-e-r-y s-l-o-w .... ;)

Ben

• My boot seemed to be going very slow, but the status bar only got half way before the thing was fully booted. I think it's the same as before, only the status bar no longer shows the correct info.