Kemper floorboard concept

• Great job on the mockup! My Remote is regularly attacked by flying beer and wayward feet so for me having the brains of the Kemper away from the carnage makes a lot more sense but I can see why some people prefer an all on one solution.

• This looks great...like so many other floor units; however, as I've not played out in a while and never with such a device, I've always been concerned of someone spilling something, spitting, etc... on such a device and am 100% certain I would not be willing to put my Kemper on the floor in front of me. No one else?

• looks really. Cool. I've been saying. All they really need to design is an exterior as all the software (okay beta 4.06) has been worked out. You're essentially just attaching the knobs, buttons, and jacks from the KPA and Remote in one floor shaped box.

What also would be cool is just a KPA small pedal. Like the size of one of the big strymons. It wouldn't do effects, other than the built in noise gate. Then you could use it on a traditional pedal board with all you other pedals. A lot of guitarists want all the benefits of an FRFR system, but don't want to give up the tactile feel of what you see is what you get pedals. The three switches could dial up three profiles. Hold the left one down and go to tuner making the middle and right become bank buttons. Give it midi control for the guitarist with big pedal boards and those new fangled loop switchers like the RJM Mastermind PBC and the new boss ES-8.

• This looks great...like so many other floor units; however, as I've not played out in a while and never with such a device, I've always been concerned of someone spilling something, spitting, etc... on such a device and am 100% certain I would not be willing to put my Kemper on the floor in front of me. No one else?

Yeah, more power to the brave ones with floor processors who trust drunks at gigs, but I don't.
    It's bad enough with a $600 Remote in case something happens.

Plus, at my age, the last thing I want to do is constantly bend over to change settings.
    There's a reason people used double 4x12 cabinets with the Marshall head on top. ;)

That does look killer.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Looks killer, would be perfekt for me...in my case, they should build a floorboard- verssion without the possibility to do profiling...would be awesome!!!

I don't see why one would remove the profiling-mode, except if there is no space for the mic input, or if you just want to crimp the thing to an absolute minimum size. For a minimalist unit I'd rather have a full-featured pedal but with a touch-screen control-app so that I can have the UI at my fingertips on a mic-stand-mounted tablet or smartphone. Put the guts of the profiler in the current remote, then create a remote app and you're done. The remote app could also be the start of the much-requested "Kemper Editor" and be used for the rack and head-versions too. From a cost-perspective all the DSP-circuitry in the KPA is required to generate sound. Leaving out the mic input would maybe reduce the cost by $5 or $10. It that really worth the hassle? The street-price of a KPA reflects the engineering-cost in relation to the number of units sold. I would guess that software engineering is more costly than hardware design in this case. A new and re-designed hardware-platform with limited features would require the software-developers to maintain two separate variants of the software which would add, not reduce, cost.

Edited 2 times, last by heldal ().

• I could live very well with a floorboard which can play all profiles in browse and performer mode, the tuner. With 2 or more input for Pedals/Footswitch and the interface of the KPA.
    Just a player with necessary control functions to play live.
    No profiling and tweaking the profiles. I could live with if needs a profiler for loading.

Waiting for the day when eastern and christmas is at the same day ;) - Harry

• I had someone "sit down too fast" on my GR-33 at a gig years back. Toast. Of course it had plastic housing but I've never loved having the brains on the floor within reach of the public. The remote seems super sturdy so I'm less concerned. On the synth side, I went to a GR-55 which is a metal housing. Just haven't integrated it with the KPA yet due to noise issues.

• This one is just a profile loader. Less controls, bigger screen and wi-fi controlled parameters. Expression pedal acts as both, volume and wah-wah. Tuner on screen is activated when volume is in down position.

Edited 2 times, last by Behind ().