Kemper floorboard concept

• Oh.... will the dream ever become a reality.... aCk!!!

GIve me floorboard or give me death... LoL!

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Ill take one right now,,maybe 2,,keep one in the studio one with the band rig,,
    any drunk,that gets clse enough to spill a beer on my gear,, gets a boot up their nose,,with a smile of course,,,

• As it's been so long, I see two possibilities.

1) If Kemper has plans to role out a KPA second generation within the next couple years, I doubt we see a floor version until the second gen of the entire lineup comes out.

2) If Kemper hasn't yet begun to plan for a next generation KPA, we'll get an announcement about it by the end of the year.

• This one is just a profile loader. Less controls, bigger screen and wi-fi controlled parameters. Expression pedal acts as both, volume and wah-wah. Tuner on screen is activated when volume is in down position.

I'd buy one, pedal and all.... love it!!

Gary ô¿ô

• As it's been so long, I see two possibilities.

1) If Kemper has plans to role out a KPA second generation within the next couple years, I doubt we see a floor version until the second gen of the entire lineup comes out.

2) If Kemper hasn't yet begun to plan for a next generation KPA, we'll get an announcement about it by the end of the year.

Second generation of what? We have the Head, Power Head, Rack, Power Rack, Remote...what would a second generation of the Rack and Head be?

The All in one Floorboard version must be the second generation.

• Second generation of what? We have the Head, Power Head, Rack, Power Rack, Remote...what would a second generation of the Rack and Head be?
    The All in one Floorboard version must be the second generation.

A floorboard version based on current technology would essentially be the unpowered head and remote crammed into one metal box, I'd hardly call that a second generation. That's why I don't understand why they didn't role one out shortly after developing the remote. As there was literally nothing else to develop or even kinks to work out as all they needed to do is design a box that holds the internal parts and the knobs and switches from the two devices.
    However, as I though about it, there are some potential marketing issues. For one, it automatically gets compared directly with the Helix, which costs $1500. Or worse yet, it will be compared with the Helix LT at $1000. The Helix LT has two effect loops to the Kemper one. Despite not having the scribble strips, still has better visuals than the remote. It has the ability to have dual amps and all the routing advantages of the full version. All of us here know that the Kemper wins in the tone department. But consider that a head and remote costs $2250 even after the recent price fall, how much less would a KPA pedal board cost? For the price to even make sense (since they charge $1800 for the unpowered head alone, they'd at least have to charge at least that for a pedalboard version)
    While there are things that can be improved or rolled out with firmware updates, there are things that are impossible with the current hardware. A next gen version of the Kemper could include more effects loops, the ability to have a two parallel amps and cabs, perhaps functioning as an audio interface, perhaps more DSP? Perhaps the ability to make profiles of overdrive pedals, which can currently only be done when profiling the amp. (Admittedly I have no clue on how much headroom the current DSP has). Thus from a marketing perspective the Helix seems like a better deal to a perspective buyer in every way. (I, and the rest of us on these forums don't think it is. For me, one of the best unsung features of the KPA is that it automatically balances rig volume when you turn up or turn down the gain. That alone keeps me from considering the Helix)

• o hai

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.