What is the recommended method for testing DI profiles?

• Topic says it all. Google finds again more than the forum search. Anyway. Here is question. In case you buy or download a DI profile. Naked. without speakers attached.

What is

• the recommended method of testing it? I presume choosing one of your favourite speakers first. is it? i would do this, but i want to hear your opinion.
    • okay, you tested it. raw as it is. let's say you have a kemper rack or powerhead. Do you leave it raw as it is for a rehearsal? or do just de-activate speaker simulation? after loading a speaker for yourself. i do not know, because i have a Kemper head and i ALWAYS go two ways. using a 1x12 at least plus the PA. this way i can hear myself, i had the most strange things happening. From: Oh, the FA man comes later, it will work. which it did not. Most funny thing: The singer said: Oh no, guitar in the monitors is a no go i cannot sing this way. that is what she said. 8o
    • do you need a speaker in the cabinet section or do you leave it empty? THX

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Speaking from only having made one DI profile (orange Tiny Terror with a Palmer ADIG-LB):

I always use a cab in the stack. I think it is an important part of the Kemper 'chemistry' - how the amp reacts, and so on. In this case I took a Marshall 1x12 from a Mike Britt profile.

I send stereo to FOH and monitor onstage via the monitor out (power head) and a Vox Night Train cab! (Monitor Cab Off in output section)

I feel your pain: Singers don't want you in 'their mix' but you have to have them in yours so you can find them when they get lost!

• Isn't the point of using DI profiles yo use them with a real tube amp and guitar cabinet?

And, using "Direct Amplifier" cabinets with a linear power amp and a real guitar cabinet?

I would think you would test them that way.

The singer said: Oh no, guitar in the monitors is a no go i cannot sing this way. that is what she said.

You need mroe than one monitor mix - no guitar in the singer's mix.

• You need mroe than one monitor mix - no guitar in the singer's mix.

How many monitors do the Reagonomis have when gigging? :D we had one where i was standing. (quintet) and that was the one with no guitar as this happenned.
    (i left the band soon).

Isn't the point of using DI profiles yo use them with a real tube amp and guitar cabinet?And, using "Direct Amplifier" cabinets with a linear power amp and a real guitar cabinet?
    I do not -- as my language is german -- understan it fully. If you find time: could you describe the chain more in detail. thx, paul

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• We normally have five monitor mixes - one for each person in the band. I don't put guitar in my monitor mix, though. I hear my KPA from the DXR10 on my right.

I may have misunderstood your question:

DI profiles = "Direct Amplifier"profiles?
    from my understanding, these profiles are used with a regular guitar cabinet. To get the sound of the real cabinet into the PA system, a microphone is placed in front of the speaker.

"merged profiles" have a cabinet in the Stack Section. You can send amp+KPA cab to the PA and PA with the Main Outputs, and you use the KPA Monitor Out to send the signal to your guitar cabinet, without the KPA.

• How many monitors do the Reagonomis have when gigging

In the nostalgic rockband we are 4 persons. (2 Guitars, bass and drums)
    We have 2 Monitors :
    1. - For drummer - mix 1 - all vocals and instruments exept drums
    2. - Front wedges - mix2 - vocals and very seldom a little bit of the guitars if necessary (on bigger stage we have 2 floor wedges with same mix )
    Drum, guitars and bass are connected to FOH . We use a bass combo, a guitar combo and my KPA with monitor. This and the drums are normaly loud enough at the stage .