Having a serious problem... please help!

• Hi everyone! I am having problems with my Profiler and it happened out of nowhere. I was playing, as normal, and all of a sudden my sound had a terrible distortion to it and my speakers were popping and clicking like crazy. I tried to troubleshoot every single thing I could. I backed up and updated to the new beta software and the same thing was happening. I then restored to factory settings and the same thing was happening. Then i unplugged everything and connected the profiler directly to my powered speakers and the same thing was happening. I tried a new power cable. I tried brand new XLR's for the connection. Nothing is working... I'm afraid it's internal and I don't know what else to try.

Please help me. I'm a professional musician from Canada and I heavily rely on the Profiler for work.

Thank you so much!

ps. I have already contacted support but I was hoping maybe someone might be able to shed some light on this in the mean time.

• I was just going to update:

It doesn't seem to happen with headphones!
    The popping and clicking is present when I'm playing and when I'm not. But the horrible distortion sound is only when I play.

I plugged in to see if the input or output LED lit up during the pops and this is the first time that I've turned it on all afternoon, after hours of troubleshooting, that it's not happening?!

How can this be?

• I had 3.3.0 for a long time without issue. Then it started happening today. So then I backed up and decided to try the public beta and nothing changed. Then I restored to factory, so not sure which OS that is.

• Have you eliminated the other elements in the signal chain? Amp, speakers, audio interface, cables etc. Quickest route there is to unplug the Kemper and plug those same cables directly into something else that makes sound.

• I did try multiple guitars and cables. I disconnected everything and plugged the Kemper directly into my studio monitors (with multiple xlr's and 1/4") and it did the same thing.

I reset it by holding the system key while booting and it didn't fix anything.

Support said they'd put me in contact with their US manager to handle a repair.

This is brutal though. I'm grateful it can be fixed but my concern is the timeline. I use this every day for work.

The weird thing is, it just randomly stopped doing it last night under no different circumstances. It wasn't working properly for about 7 hours. After I checked every detail, it still wasn't working. Then I plugged my headphones in to see if the issue was in the headphones too... which it wasn't. And since I unplugged the headphones, it's been working as usual... That has to be coincidence, right?

Edited once, last by solo ().

• Does it happen, when you have your Kemper Profiler connected to USB to your computer (if so, what operating system on computer)?

• @solo please check my thread, if this is what happens to you: Kemper loud clicks/pops over USB bus [VIDEO]

Nope, it wasn't like that. That almost sounded like a click track that was perfectly on beat. Mine sounded like the speaker pops you'd get if you unplugged you guitar and it was very random. It kind of sounded like the pops and clicks you get when your buffer is too low during recording in a DAW.

But also, aside from that, the guitar signal sounded horrible. Even on a clean profile, it has this high frequency distortion all over it.

It happened while it was connected via USB and when it wasn't connected to USB.

• It's back... It "fixed itself" the other day. I was in my studio tonight tracking and boom... all of a sudden, I got that harsh distortion. This time around there was no clicking and popping coming out of my monitors. Just a terrible distortion when I played.

I tried to capture a quick video of the noise. It's the terrible hiss/noise you hear when I'm playing. It's more obvious when I switched to a clean tone and you can clearly still hear that distortion/noise.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My best guess it's due to USB communication with KPA. Unplug USB to Kemper then restart. I can't recall having a single issue when I don't use Rig manager, its seems that any corruption or any bugs I personally experienced where always when I was using rig manager.

The noise also reminds me of the noise I get when I select a higher sample rate than 44.1 on the audio interface when I'm connecting through SPDIF. To eliminate these possibilities when I'm using the XLR, I unplug the SPDIF, not that it should make a difference, but one never knows.

• My best guess it's due to USB communication with KPA. Unplug USB to Kemper then restart. I can't recall having a single issue when I don't use Rig manager, its seems that any corruption or any bugs I personally experienced where always when I was using rig manager.

The noise also reminds me of the noise I get when I select a higher sample rate than 44.1 on the audio interface when I'm connecting through SPDIF. To eliminate these possibilities when I'm using the XLR, I unplug the SPDIF, not that it should make a difference, but one never knows.

I hear ya but it was happening with Rig Manager open and Rig Manager not opened. USB connected and not connected. And I'm not running a SPDIF cable...

• A corrupt batch or/profile is the only thing I can think off, but since you restored I'm presuming you deleted and restored factory content. If not you might want to delete all batches and load factory content and see if it stops, (you can load your back up later after)

• This noise is pretty identical to my issue. I started a thread on this one here:
    Noise issue

My noise sounds exactly like your issue but it definetely varies with the type of guitar that I am using and the pickup position. Some profiles are dead silent (even with distortion), others are really bad.

It also is influenced by the way my guitar is aimed in the room. In some akward position I can actually make the noise go away, but the typical position while guitar playing is unfortunately quite noisy. Have you tried different guitars and/or different guitar orientations in the room if these influence the noise that you have?