Having a serious problem... please help!

• This noise is pretty identical to my issue. I started a thread on this one here:
    Noise issue

My noise sounds exactly like your issue but it definetely varies with the type of guitar that I am using and the pickup position. Some profiles are dead silent (even with distortion), others are really bad.

It also is influenced by the way my guitar is aimed in the room. In some akward position I can actually make the noise go away, but the typical position while guitar playing is unfortunately quite noisy. Have you tried different guitars and/or different guitar orientations in the room if these influence the noise that you have?

Paul...? Is that you? lol! I love your guitars! :)

I really don't think it's the same issue. Mine happens regardless of what guitars, pickups, cables, placement, position etc. When it started happening I was using my PRS while sitting on my couch on one end of the room. Then I swapped the cable and grabbed my Ibanez and sat at my studio desk and still happened with the clean rig I was using at the time and all other rigs I tried.

• Hi solo, yes, PRS are also my favourite guitars but no, I am not the man himself - but a huge fan :)

What I hear in your audio sample is completely identical to the buzz/noise I hear, this is why I thought it could be the same. However, different guitars have a significant impact on the noise level. A PRS 513 is noisy. A PRS Special 22 is not. An ESP Horizon is noisy. A Les Paul with burstbuckers is silent.

On other amps (like a JVM 410 Head) all these guitars are quiet and I can't make out a difference in noise.
    So I think the KPA amplifies some wider spectrum of the input signal than a tube amp and catches the more high frequency noise of the original signal and amplifies this too much. As you cannot really set the input sensitivity in the KPA, everything becomes amplified, incl. the noise. So far my theory.

how is your root cause analysis going? Did you make any progress?

• The tricky part is I will be happily playing on any given rig, clean or dirty, with no issues, noise, etc. Then out of nowhere, BOOM! huge amounts of distortion, hiss. noise, clicks and pops...

I'm glad to say that Kemper sent me a shipping label and I'm sending my KPA out for repair. The guys at Kemper really stepped up to take care of it and for that, I'm grateful.

Should be sending it out tomorrow and I'll report back when I have some answers.

Thanks everyone

• I'm glad to say that Kemper sent me a shipping label and I'm sending my KPA out for repair. The guys at Kemper really stepped up to take care of it and for that, I'm grateful.

Thanks everyone

That's really outstanding support and it's clear that Kemper take pride in their product and they are genuinely interested in figuring out the failure to improve the overall product for everyone. It makes me feel good to know that they stand behind their product 100%. It's unfortunate that some of us at one point or another will have to deal with similar situations but as long as I know that the company is doing what they can, I will also be understanding.
    I just received a guitar that had damage in the shipping to the head stock (a one inch piece of the paint and wood chipped off). They offered to take it back and replace it, I decided to keep it because I fell in love with it as it was almost perfect in every other aspect and thought to myself what are the odds of two pieces of wood or two guitar sounding and feeling identical? Not good odds. I didn't think I would get a better one and decided to fix the cosmetic issue of the head stock on my own but it was very assuring knowing that the company stand behind their products.

I hope your KPA is back shorty with everything sorted out.

• UPDATE:

My KPA is finally going to be back in my studio on Monday! I've been lost without it, no lie.

I spoke with the gentleman who did the repair and he said he heard the issue. He said it wasn't affected by the master volume, so he suspected the power supply. He replaced it with a new one and also replaced the DSP for good measure. He said he didn't hear it after that, so I'm really hoping that was the fix and I can move on... While it was gone, I started contemplating an Axe FX <------ I'm hoping it's because I miss it too much lol

The Kemper team did me a huge solid on this one and their customer service is top notch!

• Yes! It is, isn't it? That's great, solo.

*bump* (just to subscribe this thread)

I received a warning the only time I ever did this, Spinner, so you might want to reassess this approach.

I think the solution might be to post a thought, musing or anything that relates to the topic instead of a plain-vanilla bump. "Pure bumps" are verboten, brother.

Hope you're well, matey.

• SpinnerDeluxe schrieb:
    *bump* (just to subscribe this thread)

I received a warning the only time I ever did this, Spinner, so you might want to reassess this approach.

Ooops. Thanx for telling. I will be ultra-careful from now on... ;) (Alright, now, baby, I'm alright now!)

Good to hear that the new power supply obviously solved the problem. (<- on topic!)

Ne travaillez jamais.

Edited once, last by SpinnerDeluxe ().

• I wanna laugh so badly, but that'd be off-topic too, so I won't, Spinner.

Seems like solo's gonna be alright. We'll see when he gets the unit back, but I'm confidant the K-Team™ would've solved the issue, especially as it went that extra mile by replacing the board as well...

• Does that still bump it for everyone else 'though, Per?

If so, well done mate. Genius!

Not that I'm aware, it just brings up options for you to subscribe to notifications for the thread, I don't think existing subscribers are notified of new subscriptions.

• ALRIGHT!!!

I got my KPA back today. Hooked it all up in my studio and I played for about 3.5 hours... and... NO WEIRD CRACKLES, POPS OR DISTORTION!!

I really hope all is fixed, so I can get back to business. So far so good though... now I need to hunt for some great profiles for soaring, lead, new Satch type stuff lol Off I go...

• Awesome, nice that it all worked out :) It sounded like an OPAmp running on a too low power supply voltage...

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar