In ear monitors IEM setup

• Hello, I would use my IEM wired to the KPA. I sent the mix of the band in the xlr return and balanced the volumes but I hear the band only on one side, GT is in both.
    how can I hear the band in both ears?
    i play everything in mono.
    Adding a panpot for GT and for alternate input/Return would be great in Phones Out.
    Thank you

Edited 2 times, last by Danides ().

• Ok, I don't have a splitter and wouldn't use one, furthermore I would only use balanced signals and I don't think that the alt input is balanced.
    I would have a function that allows me to hear a mono source in both sides, or a panpot...
    Anyway thank you

• Hi Danides,
    You could put in for a feature request...

The alternative is that you compromise by buying a cable that splits your band mix feed to the Kemper's return and alternative input. No big shakes really, just a cable. You won't struggle to hear the mix. This way you'd get your mono mix in both ears with guitar in glorious stereo direct from the Kemper.

Don't forget to drop the guitar signal from the band mix feed or you'll get weird phasing of the guitar sound.

Go on, be daring and use one little
    unbalanced signal to save yourself a long wait for a firmware update that might never happen.
    Hope you get it sorted soon. :)
    Keep us posted.
    Pre-Amp

• Thank you very much for your reply,
    I don't know if I can split the signal with a simple Y cable without losing the balanced signal in the xlr input (sorry my english might not be good enogh). I believe the safest way would be a splitter or a DI where I use the secondary output (the link input) to feed the secondary jack input of the K. I just hoped that there was a somewhere hidden chance to do the trick in the K.
    I would stay balanced as much as possible because I have many interferences on stage and I get hums and buzzs when unbalanced.
    Thanks again for your kind help :)

• Hi Danides,
    I am not sure if I understand your issue right. I think this is simpel ? I myself have a small flight case including the Kemper and my IEM unit.
    The signal chain is as follows:
    Guitar > Kemper In (front)
    Kemper OUT >>> Central Mixing Board (mono)
    In the central mixing board I create a separate mix for my personal IEM, this sits on e.g. AUX 4
    AUX 4 from central mixing panel >>> IEM unit in my flight case
    And than the IEM wireless to my ears (no other monitor)
    I make my own mix for my IEM with the guitar as loud as I want.
    Why don't you do it this way?

Best regards,
    Ed

• I

I'm not using a wireless system (I dond't move much on stage))and I wouldn't use an external mixer.
    other people use the internal mixer of the kemper the way I do, but I guess they use a stereo mix from the mixer so they feed L and R in the stereo panorama

• As mentioned earlier, you need a y-split-cable from one xlr female to two mono jacks 6.3mm. You're right, your balanced signal will then be unbalanced. But I wouldn't mind that as long as you use cables <30m. (If there is a 100m xlr cable that gets the feed back to your Kemper, you should consider using a DI transformer. But I don't think that's the case, therefore I would try the easy y-split solution first ;) )
    You could use those: http://www.thomann.de/gb/cordi…kabel_klinke_klinke_2.htm and http://www.thomann.de/gb/pro_snake_tpa_1003_mp.htm
    That way you can also get the monitor feed via jack cable.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.