M Britt Acoustic Profiles

• When playing in bands, my Strat, KPA and DXR10 have been the best sounding combination of gear that I have ever used, although when playing in my acoustic duo I have not been happy with my sound until now.

I reached the point last week where I was considering purchasing a separate acoustic guitar amp but thought I would have one last try with Kemper profiles. I have a few M Britt packs (Vintage, Modern and Tweedy) and these are the only profiles I now use when playing in bands. I have been thinking about the BoC pack as it contains acoustic profiles and purchased the pack. Acoustic problems solved!

First thing I did after my purchase was to record some sample clips using my Taylor with the new profiles. I also recorded the profiles I have been using live for comparison. All I can say is that there is no comparison! My favourites are the Tailor K4 profiles. When listening back to all the samples I recorded, the profiles I had been using sounded horrendous! I played a duo gig with a vocalist yesterday and was very much looking forward to using my new sounds, hoping that I would be as happy in a live setting and I was. I have one DXR10 and the singer brought a DXR12 so I ran my Kemper stereo into the middle channel of each speaker whilst she ran vocals into the top channel. It was the best acoustic gig I have played as my guitar sound was amazing. I am now going to purchase another DXR10 and can't wait until the next duo gig. Yesterday's gig was outside and it sounded really good so a great sounding room is going to be amazing!

I thought I would share my experience for anybody in a similar situation as I was convinced that the Kemper wasn't suitable for acoustic guitar. Thanks @lonestargtr, once again your profiles have exceeded my expectations. I have a few demo tracks of my duo on my YouTube channel for anybody wondering what type of thing I play. Unfortunately, these tracks were not recorded with my Kemper but I am looking forward to using my new found profiles on future recordings when I get the time.

This weekend has been very enjoyable as the gigs have been varied. Friday night was solo guitar playing my 7 string archtop, Saturday was 6 piece band using my Strat and Sunday was guitar and vocal duo using my Taylor acoustic. I now have two of three types of gig covered with my Kemper. When using my archtop, I am still using my Polytone as I have not found profiles that can match my live sound with this setup. Not sure if it is the 15" speaker in the Polytone that adds that special something with the 7 string, but once I purchase another DXR10 I will start experimenting.

• Do you have juste regular piezo pickup or other type of pickup?

I was planning on switching to LR Baggs Anthem, but I saw on another thread that they doesn't get along with the kemper.

Thanks!

• I have recently put together a separate pedal board for my acoustic rig, mainly for speed of setting up and to simplify things:

[Blocked Image: http://paulhill.biz/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/fullsizeoutput_26dd.jpeg]

The Kemper does sound great with acoustics, but the phase inverter and notch filter on the Venue DI saves time when overcoming feedback problems at a gig. This really only proves that I need to spend more time learning more about my Kemper.