KPA Profiles by Mattfig

• These are some of the best BR-100 profiles available. They do cover a ton of ground. Here is a clip I did (cove of Journey's - Be Good to Yourself) with some of the HBE profiles included in the pack. Awesome job Matt!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I just spent some time with some of the low gain and mid gain profiles this afternoon and they are quickly becoming some of my favorite Marshall style profiles for classic rock tones.

Sorry if I'm overdoing it but this is one of the best packs I've bought in a very long time. That's not to say that others aren't there in comparison (like SinMix and Choptones recent Marshall packs). Matt did a very good job of being thoughtful about profiling the best of this amp. I'll make some more clips this week. Does anyone have any suggestions from a style perspective? I'll do my best to accommodate.

• I am tempted, certainly. Also by the recent JJ and Marshall by Choptones, and the Mars by Sinmix. I already own a couple of packs from Matt and they are good. We are being saturated with Marshall or Mars - like packs lately!!!! The demos of the Friedman here sound good, sure, but perhaps the guitar track alone may be more reliable. I checked up those in Matt 's website and I liked them. And it is not necessary to be a pro to play good music, Matt. Some pros don't! No excuses are necessary IMHO.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I just spent some time with some of the low gain and mid gain profiles this afternoon and they are quickly becoming some of my favorite Marshall style profiles for classic rock tones.

Sorry if I'm overdoing it but this is one of the best packs I've bought in a very long time. That's not to say that others aren't there in comparison (like SinMix and Choptones recent Marshall packs). Matt did a very good job of being thoughtful about profiling the best of this amp. I'll make some more clips this week. Does anyone have any suggestions from a style perspective? I'll do my best to accommodate.

I'd love to hear anything that you want to do! I love how tone can inspire new things! Thanks a million for your support and kind words....I did work very hard on this profile pack and am so gratified reading these reviews. Much thanks!

I am tempted, certainly. Also by the recent JJ and Marshall by Choptones, and the Mars by Sinmix. I already own a couple of packs from Matt and they are good. We are being saturated with Marshall or Mars - like packs lately!!!! The demos of the Friedman here sound good, sure, but perhaps the guitar track alone may be more reliable. I checked up those in Matt 's website and I liked them. And it is not necessary to be a pro to play good music, Matt. Some pros don't! No excuses are necessary IMHO.

DO IT! I promise you'll love them! ;)

• Yes of course, I try to send updates with each amp added....Sometimes I lapse a short while but I keep everyone in the loop! A Full pack is always something I'll update.

Mattfig answered to a mail and told me the opposite: The full pack will not be updated - only for endorsers. So I am a little suprised about the statement above and I don't know what changed his decision.

But it is o.k. for me, cause I got the full pack in a great deal. And overall prices are fair. Just wondering...

• Mattfig was pleased to answer me and he sent me all the missing packs since i've purchased the full pack. If i wasn't very convinced with the first packs (a bit too dark for my taste), the last ones are getting better and better, especially the BE100 ... a gem !

• I have checked the mail from yesterday again. But there is no attachment or something and the statement is very clear too: He apologizes and explains "...I only update for endorsers".

So you are the lucky one :thumbup:

I also think that quality of profiles improved, so I definitely should try the BE100.

• Don't forget me bro I got the full pack and did a review :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• OK this Freidman BE100 set is really doing the business for me. The low to mid gains are the missing piece of the puzzle - most of the other BE sets I have are more focussed on the higher end of the gain spectrum but these are profiles you can play cleanish AC/DC riffs on. I tried mating the directs with some other cabs and got very good results but the cabs in these profiles are very good as they are - nice balance of ballsy bottom ends with enough brightness to cut through. The fact that the profiles are named with clear indications of the gain settings etc is a big plus - rather than being merely numbered from 1 - 265 or somesuch.

• I am tempted, certainly. Also by the recent JJ and Marshall by Choptones, and the Mars by Sinmix. I already own a couple of packs from Matt and they are good. We are being saturated with Marshall or Mars - like packs lately!!!! The demos of the Friedman here sound good, sure, but perhaps the guitar track alone may be more reliable. I checked up those in Matt 's website and I liked them. And it is not necessary to be a pro to play good music, Matt. Some pros don't! No excuses are necessary IMHO.

Agreed. I've been interested/looking at the same group of profiles (plus Sinmix's BE100 pack). Personally, the Amp Factory and Michael Britt have the best setup for showcasing profiles from a player's perspective, nicely played, not too short not too long clips of the pack/profiles). If you are primarily an engineer you probably like to hear it in a mix, but if 95% of the time i'm worried about playing and i find those worthless for evaulating profiles. I would also say maybe only 10% of all the profiles i've purchased (or less) are usable for my tastes/preferences.

• Agreed. I've been interested/looking at the same group of profiles (plus Sinmix's BE100 pack). Personally, the Amp Factory and Michael Britt have the best setup for showcasing profiles from a player's perspective, nicely played, not too short not too long clips of the pack/profiles). If you are primarily an engineer you probably like to hear it in a mix, but if 95% of the time i'm worried about playing and i find those worthless for evaulating profiles. I would also say maybe only 10% of all the profiles i've purchased (or less) are usable for my tastes/preferences.

FWIW, I set out to make this the best BE100 profile pack on the market....I tried all the others and they never felt like the Friedman does....I focused on that and the mid and lower gains where others seem to be lacking...Of course the High Gain is still there...

I'll send you a free sample if you want to send me your email....I am very pleased with how these profiles came out and confident that you will likely be able to use them right away.

Cheers,
    Mattfig