Dunlop DVP4 X Mini

• mikedespres, How did you get your dvp4 to work? My brand new DVP4 arrived and as I mentioned in a thread I just created on this forum, my DVP4 doesn't work with the Kemper. I tried 3 of the jacks on the back of the remote. I also switched the DIP switches inside the pedal to all combinations. I went into the system menu on the kemper amp to select mode pedal type 1 then type 2, then calibrate, and the horizontal calibrate bar doesn't move at all. Boy oh boy am I frustrated with expression pedals & kemper. I am getting close to going back to my tried and true tube amp. It really shouldn't be this hard. Why oh why would this be happening?

• I don't have a trs cable but I have a sneaky suspicion that's what's been causing my problem. I've never had a need for a trs, so tomorrow I'll go buy one & try it. Talk about frustrating. Really super frustrating, and that's something neither the Kemper company nor any users want - everyone wants Kemper stuff to be easy (and to tell you the truth, up until now it has been very easy & lots of fun, so I'm not going to let this expression pedal issue ruin the rest of my rewarding & happy Kemper experience), so I have some suggestions:
    1) If trs cables fix my problem, it seems sensible to ask about having the Kemper amp or profiler remote tell users maybe via an error message somewhere/somehow they're using the wrong cable. That would make it more user friendly for those folks who don't want to scour through 200 pages in the main manual which is where I saw trs mentioned. To tell the truth I actually did read the whole manual [no lies, I really did, & I found it super interesting], then went back through the sections related to expression pedals a few times while troubleshooting this.
    2) Maybe putting trs in big bold letters would help - who knows? This all assumes the trs fixes my problem.

If I'm the only person that's ever had this problem, then that's okay too, in which case maybe my suggestion above don't apply.

Thanks.

• Hope that trs cable will solve your problem. By the way, Dunlop DVP4 manual is only one page long and also there is stated that if you use it as an expression pedal, you must use TRS cable.

• Solved. I got back from tonight's gig after hooking up a TRS to my DVP4 & Kemper, & it works fine. Actually I can't believe how awesome the morph function is with the kemper. Wow, pure joy. My apologies for using the TS instead of the TRS. I honestly had never used a TRS cable & thought all along that I was using one, but it was really as TS cable. I honestly did read the manual & forum feedback, and only realized TRS may be the problem when noticing the black ring on my patch cable, then YouTubeing a little to learn about the differences between TS & TRS.