Soundtoys deal

• Hi all,

I've just grabbed a deal from SoundToys - it expires tonight!

http://www.soundtoys.com/

They've got 50% off most things but the thing that I hadn't noticed? If you already have a Soundtoys account because you already have any of their plugins then you can get the 18 plugin deal for (worst case) $209.

That is even if the plugin you have from them was a free one.... I got the deal at that price because I downloaded Little Alter Boy when it was free.

If you were lucky enough to grab any of their other free or 'pay what you want' plugins from a few months back (I didn't unfortunately) then I understand it's cheaper still - there are stories on the facebook page right now of people paying not much over $100 for the entire set and all they have is the 'little' free versions!!

Just thought I'd share. I tried Echoboy a while back but on my PC with Studio 1 I got pops and clicks / cpu spikes. I've been doing the free trial of Soundtoys 5 and on the same PC / DAW they now work just fine, or certainly I've had no obvious issues anyway. I was just going to buy Echoboy on sale at $99 but couldn't really resist this at the price.

Yes, I know that new delays are coming in the Kemper and I am really looking forward to them but I want things for vocals / everything else and to work 'in the box' so plugins make sense for this :) Also, in the meantime, I've played in real time with these Soundtoys fx and the latency in my system hasn't been noticeable so they're being great fun until the Kemper versions are released :)

Hope this helps someone as opposed to causing a row with their wife ;)

• I am such a huge fan of SoundToys. Echoboy is my go to for delays and ambient effects. I use Devil Loc Deluxe for drums, especially the room tracks. make the whole kit come alive and sound huge. Decapitator and Radiator are becoming my workhorses for adding saturation. They do an amazing job on vocals.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast