Big Hairy Profiles - Rack Preamps Profiles

• Also, new v2 patches are going to be released this week for the Soldano, Bogner, Demeter, ADA, and CAE.

That is very cool. I have all of those profile packs so I looking forward to that!

I picked up your Supro profile pack a while ago as well. It isn't that well know really and I wonder why that is? I really like it, Michael and I think I heard you mention somewhere that this particular Supro gets a fair bit of use in your clients' recordings?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the UK800 but that JMP-1 sounds very tempting.

• Dimi84, I vote for the solo to No More Tears!

The MP-1 was my main rig for almost 30 years before I bought the Kemper. And...yup...always used it with an external EQ. But, the mods weren't EQ shaping, they changed the gain structure. True, some of them wouldn't be very sought after since they were just trying to mimic Marshalls, Soldanos, etc. But, the 3TM was an entirely different monster and totally unique. Just a recommendation in case you run out of rack amps to profile, they come up occasionally on eBay and Reverb for about $300. I've purchased every commercial MP-1 profile pack available and it's plainly obvious you're the only one that truly knows the MP-1

Thanks ElDoca. I see what you're saying about the 3TM. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap one. I bought a bunch of ADA packs too, and was disappointed, that's actually what got me started profiling my own stuff.

• Great news!

I just got the Jube and CAE packs and was lamenting no direct/merged option for cab use.

I've got the Fish and Matchy as well. All fantastic stuff. Keep going!

• #1 Solo from No More Tears
    #2 Some type of ZW rhythm tone
    #3 Solo from Mama I'm Coming Home

Thanks!

• That is very cool. I have all of those profile packs so I looking forward to that!
    I picked up your Supro profile pack a while ago as well. It isn't that well know really and I wonder why that is? I really like it, Michael and I think I heard you mention somewhere that this particular Supro gets a fair bit of use in your clients' recordings?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the UK800 but that JMP-1 sounds very tempting.

Thanks. The Silverstone and Supro packs never really took off. I think I established BHP as the opposite to vintage combo amps, so I'm not too surprised. I took them off the site, just to keep things cleaner. So you're in an exclusive club! haha!

Yeah, the those combos have a real, "Cool" vibe to them, so they get used way more often in commercials, and trailers, and video game scores. If a client wants Black Keys, or White Stripes, and Led Zep, they definitely aren't looking for an ADA MP-1 or Soldano X88. ;)

• V2 of the Soldano looks great mate
    updates received thanks Michael!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• The v2 updates are up, and should have sent out updates to pack purchasers. Would one of you guys be kind enough to confirm that you received the updates?

New Kemper user here.
    However, bought both Soldano X88 and CAE and got mail about the V2 version.
    Loaded them yesterday and they sound really great, even V1 versions sounded great.

Have a couple of Soldano HR and Soldano SL 60 amps and your Soldano profile is spot on.
    You have nailed the Soldano sound :thumbup:

Only thing I have tweaked a bit is delay settings, nothing else neded to be tweaked according to my ears.
    When I bought my Kemper rack I was not so impressed with the profiles but after I got your profiles :thumbup:

Best regards, Peter "1965guitars"