Man....This has no end! now the german people!

• @nightlight your post makes sense to me. I share your vision. there is horror everywhere everyday and in such sad times where we should send our thoughts to Nice and Munich the media manage to make me feel uncomfortable that I should direct more my thoughts to some because they have been killed in europe.

It's natural to put your countrymen/family/friends before others. I don't grudge anyone feeling about this stuff. After all, in France today, a priest was murdered by terrorists. Every freaking day and I would also be polarised and angry and frightened for my loved ones.

[OPEN RANT]

Terrorism was already happening every day in my home country, India, for a long time, so I am desensitised. Some homegrown, but many terrorists coming across the border from Pakistan to fight over an area disputed by the two countries. Before anyone says that I am lying, let me just point out that Osama bin Laden was tracked down to Pakistan, where he was living in a safe house. After he was killed, the doctor who alerted the US to his presence was jailed for many years and is still in prison. This is a country that America sends millions of dollars in aid every year and conducts drone strikes in all the time. They recently killed the top leader of the Taliban in Pakistan and their border region is where the Taliban crossed over during the Afghanistan war to avoid the US.

Should I blame the Pakistanis? Should I blame Muslims? Of course not. People are people.

But to the common man in India? They're baying for blood, they want war, they hate Muslims, etc. And the Pakistanis hate us back.

And the politicians act tough, but when they're all together and the cameras aren't around? Hoo boy, they must be partying with underage girls just like Berlusconi was in Italy. Filthy rich, billionaires whose names won't figure in any list.

I'm sure many of you haven't even heard many of the gory details, if you have even heard about it at all.

The point I was trying to make is that I find that the media is pushing a certain narrative. You can see it in the US election for example, it took hackers to find out that Hillary Clinton won the Democratic nomination with insider help.

The powers-that-be don't want you to think or care about this stuff. They're already brushing it under the carpet, look at the news of this scandal vis-a-vis Melania Trump's plagiarism row at Republican convention. Strictly hush hush for Hillary as the papers and celebrities tell you to vote for her with your eyes closed.

Michelle Obama talks about how she "lives in a house built by slaves" and how "America is great already", Great for whom? The people who are protesting about black lives? The Bernie Sanders supporters? The Obamas?

What I really want to know is, would we have had a terror crisis like we have now, emerging from a refugee situation, if the world had not bombed the hell out of Saddam, and bombed Afghanistan, Libya, etc?

Especially when "we" supported the supported the Taliban against the Russians, propped up Saddam Hussein until he turned against us, etc?

Again, none of this is made up. Even Osama bin Laden was a US operative at one point of time.

There are people we must hold directy accountable for lying to us and taking us to this present juncture. It is all on account of greed. You hear all about it all the time: the criminal banks that led to the financial crisis, the drugs being controlled by the intelligence authorities, the politicians having offshore bank accounts, the royals telling the people to make do with what they have in "difficult times".

Because the media is owned by the very people who cause these wars in order to benefit financially, we often hear so very little about the real news stories.

One example: they don't report hundreds of rapes a day in any newspaper around the world.

But on the ground? Look at the statistics? Tens in some countries, hundreds in some countries, thousands in others, every day.

You got to wonder why they keep this stuff quiet? Is it all isolated incidents? Or is there a group going around raping as many women as they can? Why are we not exploring this? And why are our jails not filled with about 1.25 billion people, if one in four women is sexually abused and they were all different guys?

I'm going to cut myself off before I start to rant about the Illuminati and all the conspiracy theories going around.

But like I said earlier, the shit has started falling off the ceiling. I was reading a story a while ago that Hungary's PM has endorsed Donald Trump. I bet they would endorse him in Australia too. Austria as well. And maybe even France and Germany.

The world of today promises "punishing" Britain for Brexit, when we could all have just been great friends without borders as God intended us to be.

But yeah, now we need borders more than ever or ISIS will get us.

That's what the media narrative of our time is, i.e. "Love your elected government officials, the only thing keeping you from being blown up from ISIS. Hold out your begging bowl and the billionaires will be very generous. We'll look the other way while you abuse women and children, you gung-ho male." (Just look at the pro-rape groups that have sprouted everywhere nowadays).

If anyone reads this, I apologise for sounding so disjointed and incoherent, there's just so much stuff I would like to cover on a topic like this. Some of it is actually as frightning as ISIS.

After all, would you worry if your girlfriend/spouse went to a bar that someone might blow himself up? Or would you also worry that someone might slip something in her drink? <X:S

• I live in Munich too. I heard the police helicopters overhead and my girlfriend and I sat inside watching the TV reports coming in and just waiting for it to be over.
    The terror lives on in the hearts and minds of those affected.

Music helps.

LETS JUST PLAY MUSIC, ok?

• The mods can be so lopsided and uneven on these forums.

A while back I commented on a music video that someone posted. I was warned it was political.
    Another time I used the term "lefty" describing a left handed guitar player and I was warned again. No joke.

Now if this thread has not blatantly turned political AND religious please explain.

• Yeah, our dear nightlight has certainly gone on a rant, and I remember the music-video-comment incident, ITTO; you surely didn't deserve that. Both from your and I suspect most's perspectives, this might seem very lopsided.

However, our beloved Kemper Team™ is German, the incidents that sparked the thread occurred in Germany, and the country was specified in the thread's title.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the mods, but this one hit about as close to home as is possible, and whilst AJ has vented his frustration more than most of us, the gist of the situation, IMHO, is that we're all feeling for our German brothers and sisters. Let's face it, for we humans, it's practically impossible at times like these to express only our empathy without occasionally letting a little frustration slip out.

That said, if nightlight doesn't start dialling it back, his posts will obviously only serve to tempt the mods to say that lunch break is over and send us back to class.

I'm not a mod so it's not my place to direct folks this way or that, but if I were, I'd implore you, AJ, to take it easy, brother. I'm sure we all feel your frustration, and you could also take comfort from the fact that you're preachin' to the choir; there's a lot of depth to this community, so the frustration you might usually feel in everyday life due to the feeling that everyone around you is just plain unaware of what's really going on in the world, need not apply here. Whatever you're feeling, we're feeling it too!

I've always loved your passion, mate. ;)

• IMO as long as we write politely and in respect of others' opinions, expressing a personal though without trying to convince or bash those who have different views, we can discuss every matter.

this forum is great, people are respectfull and helping each other. this place is a rare opportunity to discuss side subjets to music, and there are topics where we may need to write things down.

I don't write well, but I appreciate reading others' point of views. @nightlight 's text makes sense and offenses no one. it's been 5 good minutes for me going through it.

this weekend I'm going to a friends' wedding. he's autralian living in uk, marrying a french and there's gonna be all my good erasmus mates, especially some german and italian close friends. we gonna celebrate and won't think about any other thing, best response to terrorism

cheers all

• The mods can be so lopsided and uneven on these forums.

A while back I commented on a music video that someone posted. I was warned it was political.
    Another time I used the term "lefty" describing a left handed guitar player and I was warned again. No joke.

Now if this thread has not blatantly turned political AND religious please explain.

@Inthrutheout: you're right. leaving this thread open was an attempt to verify if this forum can deal with such a topic without drifting into the usual political abyss. we should have closed it immediately and take the usual blame we receive when we close a thread. but we haven't and unless this one rant will result in tension i believe we can leave it open.
    @nightlight - please refrain from releasing political rants on our forum. you've received a warning for this now.

let's try to keep this thread free of political statements. the whole issue is sad enough and we will not be able to solve any of this on the kemper forum anyway ...

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• @Inthrutheout: you're right. leaving this thread open was an attempt to verify if this forum can deal with such a topic without drifting into the usual political abyss. we should have closed it immediately and take the usual blame we receive when we close a thread. but we haven't and unless this one rant will result in tension i believe we can leave it open.
    @nightlight - please refrain from releasing political rants on our forum. you've received a warning for this now.

let's try to keep this thread free of political statements. the whole issue is sad enough and we will not be able to solve any of this on the kemper forum anyway ...

Thanks for the warning, I'll keep it in mind for future posts.

• ...leaving this thread open was an attempt to verify if this forum can deal with such a topic without drifting into the usual political abyss...

And yet... my thread for asking about H265 encoding via PC was closed due to being off-topic...
    :rolleyes:

So according to this logic: asking about computers and video encoding is off-topic and this here is on-topic?
    Kindly elaborate as I'm really curious...

Edited 4 times, last by schneidas ().

• And yet... my thread for asking about H265 encoding via PC was closed due to being off-topic...
    So according to this logic: asking about computers and video encoding is off-topic and this here is on-topic?
    Kindly elaborate as I'm really curious...

hmm, i'm really not sure what to write now. in fact there are so many options now.... [admin sipping coffee] ... [admin sipping more coffee] ... i'm kind of, well, speechless. so you compare two off topic threads: one is a about a human tragedy and the OP voices his condolences. the other thread is about an encoding problem and video. i give you that: this is a possibly a tragedy for you as well.
    and you're right in the sense that both are off-topic. from my personal perspective comparing both is a little sad, but that's maybe just me thinking that way. i could try to invest time to explain to you why there is a fundamental difference but i won't. wait, maybe you're right here as well ... there are so many tragedies, so who's to judge which one is worth an exception? i certainly don't feel like i wanna be that one. i'm just an admin. instead, for today, i'll go for the easy option. i'll close is thread and stick to our rules. fair enough for you? i'm sure you did many a great service.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here