ERROR profiling amp. (No external amp connected or volume too low)

• The tital says it all.
    I already tried turning the return level up and down. nothing help.

The error message is pretty clear. Either you didn´t connect your setup correctly or the the mic volume into the return input is to too low. If you monitor the reference amp in the profiler setup just compare the level of the signal to the level of the starting profile (Kemper amp).

• I tried both. I checked cables and connections it was all okay. Ill wait fo new cables to come in today because I know my xlr cables where not really great. Ill try again with the new cables.

• please describe exactly how you connected everything.

guitar -> INPUT
    SEND -> amp input
    etc.

it should look like this
    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/donelectro/Vollbildaufzeichnung%2023.07.2016%20122714_zpszac36k48.jpg]

and you should hear your mic'ed amp when "Reference amp" is selected (no point to start profiling if you don't hear your amp at this point (Profiling Assistant page 1/3)

hth

• 1. I connected it exactely like that picture DonPeterson.
    2. I use a Shure SM57 Mic.
    3. Yes I hear my amp when I put on the button ''reference amp''
    4. If I put my mic in my mixer to my computer I also do not need phantom power so that is not the case.

• I'm having exactly the same problem, I'm sure I connected it right
    I'm trying to make a DIRECT AMP PROFILE using the Kemper DI box.
    So just the pre-amp and power-amp skipping the cab (no mic is used in my setup)

My setup is as follows:
    Kemper Direct out -> Maxon 808 In -> Amp input
    Amp output (after poweramp 8 Ohms where you would connect to the cab) -> Kemper DI 'FROM AMPLIFIER".
    Kemper DI 'TO CABINET -> Cabinet In
    Kemper DI 'PROFILER INPUT' XLR -> Kemper 'RETURN INPUT' (XLR).
    No laptop with rig manager connected.

The test connecting send and return (shorcut) suggested by @DonPetersen did result in a clean profile succesfully.

I turned up the volume while profling and it did finish the profiling stage in some cases.
    In the case where it succeeded and did a 'refine profile' afterwards and press STORE to save the profile but somehow the RIG meta data showed data of one of the profiles that was already existing on the Kemper.

Now I'm totally confused because:

• Why does profiling only intermittently succeeds?
      How loud does the amp need to be set to?
    • Why in the case a profile was created succesfully when I store the profile (without making modifcations in the AMP TAGS) it shows AMP TAGS from a complete different profile that is already on the Kemper

Thanks in advance.
    Mauce

• Why in the case a profile was created succesfully when I store the profile (without making modifcations in the AMP TAGS) it shows AMP TAGS from a complete different profile that is already on the Kemper

Tag info from the Profile that was active when you switched to Profiler mode is always kept. This makes it much easier and faster if you take several Profiles of basically the same setup with minor variations.

• I am having the same problem with my brand new Stage. My connections are as following:

- Guitar in KPA Stage

- Send 1 to Amp Input

- Mic is a Sennheiser e906 which goes into the Return 1 of the KPA

After a few seconds of UFO noise I get the error message mentioned above.

please take a simple guitar cable and use it to connect the Profiler's send to the Profiler's return
    send -> cable -> return
    make a profile (it will be obviously be a completely clean Profile)
    does the profiling work now?

Even when I am doing this I get the same error message.

• what is the value of the return level parameter in the Profiling menu?

• OK, profiling the send->return-bridge does work now. :thumbup:

But the amp profiling not. I checked the cables, the mic and everything. Looks good. When I play guitar I get sound out of the Amp.

Where is my mistake?