Need help! Playing live and Recording at Same time

• Hello fellow Kemper users!

So I am new to the Kemper and working my way through it. I have a senior that I need help setting up. I am using a powered toaster on performance mode going through my 2x12 guitar cab. I have the cab button off so I am not hearing the cab that was recorded in the profile. In the room playing with my band the rig sounds amazing and I am constantly getting compliments on how the Kemper sounds! so now we want to record our band rehearsals so here is where I am having issue.

I am plugging the left 1/4 main out to the input on my audio interface to record the guitar. It records fine but when I listen back to the recorded guitar it sounds way too buzzy or gainy if that makes sense. I am not sure why it sounds so radically different than what it would sound like if I were to just mic up the guitar cab. That would be sort of bypassing one of the features of using a Kemper right? So I am not sure what I am doing incorrect. I went through the output menu and everything looks correct from what I can tell.

guess my first thing is to ask how do I ensure that the cab sim is being used to record the guitar but is not being used when playing back through my guitar cab i the room? It may be that I have it off and that why the recored guitar sound like crap.....lol

Thank is advance

• Hi David,

engage the CAB in the STACK section and flag "Monitor Cab Off" in the Output Section. This will provide a Cab Sim on the line outputs and bypass it for your guitar cab.

HTH

• Hey David,
    I guess your sound would be more consistent if you used the profile of your cab, taken with a decently transparent mic placed not so close to the grid.
    I guess the issue mainly lies in the fact that your cab sounds way different than the profiled (and mic'ed) cab you're using.

It might also be worth exploring different cabs with your rig: lock everything and just browses through other rigs, this will change the cab only, accordingly to the one present in each rig you'll be browsing through.

Of course, in order to compare the whole recorded profile and your actual rig with the real cab you should mic the cab and listen to everything by a different, isolated room.
    Also, the monitors you're using for listening to the recorded tracks may heavily influence the sound you hear back.

HTH