Best way to profile scuffham s-gear or other software emulation

• Hi Forum,
    did anyone try to profile software emulation? Is it the same way best like profiling a real amp? I gave it a try but the result was not satisfying.
    The setup:
    Guitar -> Kemper -> Direct out (send) -> Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 in -> Scuffham S-Gear -> Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 out -> Yamaha DXR 12 (FRFR Box) -> Sure SM 75 -> Kemper Return -> Start Profiling

I had to put the Mic very close (to reach a right level) but then i had to choose the 12" OR the Tweeter of the DXR12. So i choosed the 12"...

May be there is a possibility to to this stuff with out mic? Or other ideas or experiences?

Thanks in advance
    Harald

• why would you mic a FRFR monitor, instead of going direct? :D

Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 out -> Kemper Return

from the Profiling Guide 3.0:
    "Connections for Profiling a Computer-Based Guitar Amp Simulation
    •• Connect your guitar to the INPUT of the Profiler.
    •• Connect the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND from the Profiler to the appropriate input on your computer’s audio interface.
    •• Route the output of your guitar amp simulation software to a specific hardware output of your computer’s audio
    interface.
    •• Connect this output to the RETURN INPUT of the Profiler.
    ✔✔Be sure to disengage the noise-gate in your guitar amp simulation software before profiling it."

• <X
    Don, thank you that you have yet replied, although it is clearly written there. I've overlooked this part...
    Indeed this makes more sense than my setup ;)
    By the way, "The Healer" from Scuffham's "S-Gear" is the best Marshall Sim i have ever heard.
    It's a bit like Plexi and Park mixed together.
    So i will try how Kemper will simulate a simulation.

• Don't you mean "The Stealer" ?

Agreed on S-Gear! I've begun many projects using it as a placeholder with the intent of reamping later with the Kemper, and ... not bothering. It's just that good. ;) If you happen to be a SONAR user, PM me and I'll pass along some detailed sim-profiling tips.

-djh

• Sure "The Stealer" ;)
    I have Sonar but i'm using Reason. But profiling tipps are good anyway...
    When someone is interested into the profiled S-Gear "The Stealer" i can give the Profile-File.