Connecting a one-rack unit fx processor

• From the old days I still have a TC-Electronic G-Force, known for its best delay- en reverb sounds. Back then it wasn't much of a use for me because twice when it was hooked up with an all valve pre-amp (Custom audio 3+SE and after that a Mesa Boogie TRIAXIS) this unit sucked a lot of tone of the amps.
    I wonder if Kemper is a better deal for this unit and if YES it brings me to my next question: How to control the fx coming from this unit?
    I use a Roland FC-200 midicontroller with the Kemper but only to switch to midi controlled rigs through Kemper.

• I think you have to put it in the fx loop and i dont know if the G- force have an output control poti. If yes you can control the loudnes there. You dont need a midi controler to change the fx. Just connect midi in and midi out with the midi in and out of the kpa. Than you can set the mdi change commands with the kpa per rig. If the unit s stereo you have to use 3 tr cabel . Its all written in the manual.

Cheers
    Frank

• Depends on your foot controller and how much you want to control. If you just use on patch on the GForce, then you could simply turn the effects loop on or off as needed. If you are looking to change patches, and turn on off effects, etc, then this is where your controller becomes limiting. I think your controller can only send to one midi channel? So you would then set your GForce to the same midi channel as your Kemper, ex both on midi ch1. Then you would use the midi commands to change patches or controller the expression pedal. If you don't want the GForce in the loop you could turn on or off the Kemper return or just make an empty patch on the GForce.

Like i said, the limiting factor will be your foot controller and that will dictate how much control you can have.

to hook up the foot controller. Midi out of the controller to the midi in of the GForce and the the midi thru from the GForce to the midi in of the Kemper.

one other thought if you hit midi patch one on the foot controller and the Kemper changers to patch 1 but the GForce goes to patch 2. You need to set your GForce midi to start at zero. If you can not do that then the GForce will always play one patch higher than your Kemper. Which is not a big deal but just so you know.

Hope this helps

Edited once, last by drog ().

• Depends on your foot controller and how much you want to control. If you just use on patch on the GForce, then you could simply turn the effects loop on or off as needed. If you are looking to change patches, and turn on off effects, etc, then this is where your controller becomes limiting. I think your controller can only send to one midi channel? So you would then set your GForce to the same midi channel as your Kemper, ex both on midi ch1. Then you would use the midi commands to change patches or controller the expression pedal. If you don't want the GForce in the loop you could turn on or off the Kemper return or just make an empty patch on the GForce.

Like i said, the limiting factor will be your foot controller and that will dictate how much control you can have.

to hook up the foot controller. Midi out of the controller to the midi in of the GForce and the the midi thru from the GForce to the midi in of the Kemper.

one other thought if you hit midi patch one on the foot controller and the Kemper changers to patch 1 but the GForce goes to patch 2. You need to set your GForce midi to start at zero. If you can not do that then the GForce will always play one patch higher than your Kemper. Which is not a big deal but just so you know.

I think you have to put it in the fx loop and i dont know if the G- force have an output control poti. If yes you can control the loudnes there. You dont need a midi controler to change the fx. Just connect midi in and midi out with the midi in and out of the kpa. Than you can set the mdi change commands with the kpa per rig. If the unit s stereo you have to use 3 tr cabel . Its all written in the manual.

OK. Thanks. I will read the manual about that. But my concern is about midi that is allready in use by Kemper and FC-200 for controlling rigs. I guess the manual can't go into that.
    And yes: the G-Force has an output poti and it's stereo.

Thanks.
    [Blocked Image: http://blog-imgs-37.fc2.com/m/y/k/mykeita/TC_Electronic_G-Force_01.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://blog-imgs-37.fc2.com/m/y/k/mykeita/TC_Electronic_G-Force_02.jpg]http://blog-imgs-37.fc2.com/m/…Electronic_G-Force_02.jpg
    http://blog-imgs-37.fc2.com/m/…Electronic_G-Force_02.jpg

http://blog-imgs-37.fc2.com/m/…Electronic_G-Force_02.jpg

• Thanks drog. As for your remark about the patches one step ahead. I remember that. As for the controllinh part. I have to figure out if it's useable since my controller is allready with midi hooked up for Kemper. As you can see there's a external control jack in at the rear. I wonder if that can be used as an on/off switch. But I need also a kind of scrolling-through-patches up and down switch...