Cabinet Clean up

• Is there a easier/better way to clean separately loaded cabinets than just deleting? Rig Exchange doesn't get to them so USB is the only method to upload I see and deleting is the only way to take them off.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• You could manipulate a Profiler backup on your PC/MAC. Profiler backups are tar files. Those can be opened and you will find a folder structure inside. There is for example a folder "Cabinets" in there. You will find one file for each Cabinet Preset in there. You could then delete files. Afterwards you need to assemble all files and folders into a tar file again with extention ".kpabackup". Make sure within that tar file the folders are just one level below. If there is one folder in between the file container and the folders like Amps, Cabinets, Effects,... those will not be found during restore and the Profiler will be empty afterwards.

The method is safe, if you keep a safety copy of the original Profiler backup, you could always go back top that state.

• Dang. Thank you Burkhard.

No wonder my zipped backup file wouldn't restore properly yesterday. I didn't realise it was supposed to be a .tar 'cause I've always renamed it to .rar or .zip in order to extract it, and therefore figured .zip would be fine. Silly, silly me. I spent a very long time manually deleting 35o cabinets last night!

Looks like I'll need to get the software to make .tar files.

• Get 'Gui Tar' for Mac. This works great and is free.

Thank you, Ingy!

GUI Tar. That's funny.

Pity none of my other apps handle compression in that format; only expansion. I much prefer the elegance of having only 1 or at most 2 apps to handle a particular flavour of task. This .tar thing means I'll now have 4, which, although it's obviously not a problem, just isn't my style. I've always had a minimalist policy when it comes to computers, and that's 'cause since day dot on the ATARI I've been aware that the main purpose of these things for me is as music-making tools. That's the theory anyway; turns out the only tool in the room right now is me. :D

Thanks again, matey.