Does anyone else feel that the official public release of 4.x seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time??

• You guys know me. I NEVER have a bad thing to say about Kemper GmbH and their awesome support team. And, I am NOT saying anything bad, now.

However, I am just curious. Does anyone else feel that we have been languishing in the beta OS 4.x mode for an extended duration, relatively speaking?

Furthermore, I know most of us are really excited about the rumored roll-out of new Reverbs, which I assume will be in 5.x.

I don't know...just seems like things have been moving like molasses, lately, in terms of getting 4.x out of Beta. I presume that the complexity of the OS / firmware increases significantly, upon each new generational release (due to added capabilities)..and I am sure that is why things seem to be taking longer.

Cheers,
    John

• Yes it has been a long beta, but it's a little more complex this time and there were some early bugs that might have been a little harder to solve. The latest beta is the most stable, so,I think we are close.

I dont think I will be rushing to install 5.0 when its first release.

• Agreed, John.

Obviously the Morphing thing added a layer of complexity, along with all the requisite unforeseen stumbling blocks, to the programming of the FW.

That said, I've a sneaking suspicion that the all-we-could-possibly-eat Delay Package™ might've been lurking / functional in the Kemper Team's™ version of the FW throughout this beta period, and that we've been none the wiser. This might help to explain the, er, delay, methinks.

Whatever the case may be, I've just had the feeling for a while that there's more to this than meets our lowly, Kemperite eyes...

• No time like the present for a present!
    Thanks Burkhard and all the team that pushed through each progressive Beta.
    The effort, hard work and problem solving is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
    All good things come to those who wait.
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

• Haha! Great timing, guys. It just arrived!

You know, I think John's exhibited what I used to call the "wave's about to break" syndrome.

Suffered from it all my life, and its existence is easily statistically-demonstrable. I mean, what are the odds, from John's perspective?

Firstly, he never does this sort of thing - you know, the "how long 'til we get there, Daddy?" routine.
    Secondly, in the rare circumstance, such as now, that he chose to ask the question, what are the chances that he'd do it a few hours prior to the penny's dropping when he's had 6 months to do so?

I rest my case. Happens an awful lot to sensitive folks.

Hang on... what the Hell am I doing musing on this phenomenon? Heck, I'm still on 3.1.4 and have been waiting for this for what seems like forever!Pity I have to turn the 'puter off now (had to make adjustment to 24-hour operational habit due to unaffordable power bill), so hopefully there'll be a glut of glowing reports to read tomorrow or the next day when I return.

Woo-bloody-hoo! Three cheers for the Kemper Team™, and enjoy, you lucky Kemperites! 8o