Help With Wah Settings

• Are you a registered user? If not go to the kpa website and do a sign in. After that use click on your name in the right corner on top of the site. There you can see your account, your rigs, product registration.
    Use product registration and put in your kpa serial number. You have to sign in again to go to the site were you can put in the serial number of your kpa.

After this procedure go to the button community and be sure that you are logged in. Choose forum. The site changes to the forum and you are already logged in. Normaly after doing this procedure you have acsess to the private user forum and the downloads will work. Keep me informed if this is the trick.

Hi Frank, No need to send me e-mail. After registration I now have access to the zip file!
    Again apologize for the inconvenience ;) !

• OK.
    Wah's are imported and work fine. BUT.....

I have a serious distortion problem. The clean rig sounds very distorted and the output shows only a red lit led when I strum a litlle bit at low volume. (BTW connection is from main outs to mixer an two studio monitors. Nothing has changed there!
    I tried everything:
    - clean and distorted sense both at 0.0 dB
    - reducing output main volume doesn't make a difference
    - 63 vibroverb amp set to 0.0 dB
    - EQ volume only set to 0.0 dB
    All settings lead me to a constant red lit led clipping Output. I must miss something here...

• I always use my Gibson LP Jimmy Page 1995. Never a problem with output of PU

Forgotten to mention: All my rigs are set to volume wheel position 12 oçlock. This one too. Other clean rigs show no real problem. Output led stays mostly green. Disconnecting expression pedal for trying out new wahs makes no difference. Checked all stomp volumes too: all set to 0.0
    dB. Decreasing gain settings on mixer make no difference. Power amp boost set to 0.0 dB. There must be something to cause the distortion...

• Than reduce input clean sense and if its not working throw the away and use one the others which work well. Maybe the rig is damaged. Or try a reset. Shut diwn the kpa. Press rug button and hold in when you start up the kpa in browser mode. Pres and hold the rig button while switching on until initializing rigs will apear in your display. After that the kpa boots and checks all your rigs and stomps, cabs and so on. You cant damage something with this procedure.
    let me hear if it works.

• Have you checked out other clean rigs?

I followed your tip and indeed everything has been checked.
    I did check some clean rigs and also others now but still they all start red clipping pretty fast. They leave me little volume left when decreasing volume to avoid clipping and this is just living room volume....! The mixer only shows 1 or 2 green leds at the L + R master so I'm far from clipping there. It can't be one or more bad rigs. More options to check?

• Take a look at your display in browser more. Is there something logged? Is the input section logged?
    If there is a lock please unlock and load a rig again.
    If nothing is logged it themes tha your guitar has a mass of output, in this case the last only idea is to set your clean rigs to a good volume where nothing is clipping and you have to reduce the volume of your gain rigs to the volume level of the clean ones.
    Idea cache empty :wacko:

• So far I haven't used the lock option. I've run out of other options too.
    Maybe we both should fill up our suggestion box to an extended version...

Thanks anyway! I keep on exploring.

• I've think I've got the problem nailed...
    I shut off the EQ. That Ieft me truly with less volume and EQ but I linked also Main Volume to Main Out and also Monitor Volume and Direct Volume to Monitor Out and Direct Out. This way I have my control back through the Master Volume knob.
    I have also 4 pushpulls on my Les Paul. This way I can EQ the sound of my pu's , sounding pretty close to a Tele.
    But by shutting off the EQ there's almost no red clipping and I can now produce more volume, even loud.
    I can't explain the difference caused by the EQ