Shure GLXD16

• Hi all.

I have just got the Shure GLXD16. However, I am definitely hearing a change in tone from using a cable. The Shure doesn't sound as full and seems like the top end is harsher. I am also experiencing a strange sound on some high gain profiles (it's like a high pitch after sound if I pick really softly when using a high gain profile). Has anyone else experienced this or can offer advice on how to improve it?

Big thanks in advance.

• Hi all.

I have just got the Shure GLXD16. However, I am definitely hearing a change in tone from using a cable. The Shure doesn't sound as full and seems like the top end is harsher. I am also experiencing a strange sound on some high gain profiles (it's like a high pitch after sound if I pick really softly when using a high gain profile). Has anyone else experienced this or can offer advice on how to improve it?

Big thanks in advance.

Check the settings on the receiver. Some allow for active vs passive pickups and have db+ - etc

• I can change the dB setting on the receiver but, I have it currently set at '0' as is closest to the volume of my cables in comparison. If I set the dB lower on receiver then gain/distortion on the profile is far less than using a cable?