STILL no software editor ..?

• (Apologies if this has already been heavily discussed somewhere else)

Hi there, Kemper noob here!

Does anybody know why after half a decade there's still no Kemper software editor?
    Is it simply not a priority for Kemper? Technical challenges/limitations? Not enough demand for one?

I love me some Kemper, but this aspect has got me fairly stumped.. Thanks for any info!

• Since I got the Kemper, there is a lot more playing time than when I had previous modellers. I really never missed having an editor for this one. I guess some third party would have made something if there was a serious market for it.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Well... while I DO think there should be an editor, my personal opinion is that it's an exaggeration to say there's a need for one with the Kemper. With my AX8 or any other FAS product, the editor is definitely a requirement with the vast number of possible adjustments. With the Kemper, I don't think I'm mistaken in saying that Kemper (the company) designed the Profiler to not need an editor. I think it succeeds.

That said, the primary valid argument I see for an editor is in the studio where you don't necessarily want the Profiler on your desk, or maybe you want it in a rack where it's not easily accessible.

• Ahh... that makes sense actually, ITTO... sort of; the OP wanted some meaty info on this, so an in-depth discussion was what he / she was hoping to find.

Dmiraie, I don't have any specific threads to recommend, but here's an idea:
    Why not try popping "kemper editor" into the search field?

Oh, never mind. Done:

This one might be very interesting to you:
    KPAEditor Community Project(vst, standalone, win, mac , linux ) - based on http://ctrlr.org/

An important one of 27 pages:
    Editor pétition. - Feature requestshttps://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…-http-ctrlr-org/?pageNo=1

FWIMBW, in another thread asking the same question as you did:
    Its Time For a GUI Editor - Feature requests

Burningyen wrote:
    It's kind of a matter of courtesy to search before posting and not to post a new thread when an existing one is squarely on point.

I couldn't make a "proper" quote 'cause the thread's closed, but I figured you might appreciate the tip anyway. I typed the words, "kemper editor" into the search field, and these threads came up on page 1.

EDIT:

He's just asking for a short summary.

Thank you, Nchil! I was futzing around doing the search thing for the OP when you kindly posted this.

• Well... while I DO think there should be an editor, my personal opinion is that it's an exaggeration to say there's a need for one with the Kemper. With my AX8 or any other FAS product, the editor is definitely a requirement with the vast number of possible adjustments. With the Kemper, I don't think I'm mistaken in saying that Kemper (the company) designed the Profiler to not need an editor. I think it succeeds.

That said, the primary valid argument I see for an editor is in the studio where you don't necessarily want the Profiler on your desk, or maybe you want it in a rack where it's not easily accessible.

like you said...its just your personal opinion. my personal opinion is to have an editor. everything has an editor that i use and i feel more comfortable using one rather than physically tweaking. a lot of others feel the same from past threads. no one knows why there is no editor yet.

• It's rather baffling

I think they did a great job with the UI on the KPA.

But I get tired of leaning over to tweak it while I'm recording. It is not in a convenient spot and it can't be, due to the way my room is laid out.

Kemper, if you're listing....PLEASE MAKE US AN EDITOR!

Thank you.

• I too think that an editor is sorely missing for those of us who don't have the Kemper in a easily reachable location. Having to bend down, or walk back and forth from Kemper to computer is a bit of a hassle, especially during the creative process.

Please, develop a software editor for the Kemper! :)

• That said, the primary valid argument I see for an editor is in the studio where you don't necessarily want the Profiler on your desk, or maybe you want it in a rack where it's not easily accessible.

I second that.
    I don't really miss an editor, but maybe I would if I were using the KPA mainly to record.

• I agree a better editor is needed, just for simplicity for moving things around. RM is OK but not great. The Kemper UI is very easy but its much easier to click and drag and type things in on a PC than edit on the KPA.

I say this as a live player only, but setting up my performances and effects is always a combination of changing things in RM and directly on the KPA. I'd like to set up the main aspects in an editor and then tweak on the KPA. I also think a simple way to back up and restore without using a USB stick would be better ( if possible - I suspect there is a reason..)

This would turn a fantastic product into an amazing one...

I have to add though that the UI on the Kemper is very easier to understand and navigate though...

• If people are really desperate for an editor, maybe a show of faith would be a step in the right direction. Set up a bandcamp type account where people pay €10 each and if enough people commit it will be worth making.

I understand why Kemper are reluctant to put resources into thus kind of thing without anything back. It is time consuming to do well and it there might only be a few people using it.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• With all due respect, I paid enough for my Kemper when I bought the Profiler and Remote. LOL

I'm not saying I wouldn't pay $10 for a quality editor, but seeing as how their closest competitor already has one, and I believe it's free, that should be enough of a reason for our good friends at Kemper HQ to develop one.

That, plus I am fairly certain enough people here have already requested it. Twice. :)

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• The show of faith idea sounds good until you start thinking about how the competition was able to develop their own, free of charge. I think we've already paid more than enough, given the price for manufacturing a Kemper is today, AND what is expected from the modeling market nowadays (free firmware updates, free software editors, free tech support, etc), to be asked to pay more money for this. Plus, having a software editor will surely drive more Kemper sales.