STILL no software editor ..?

• It just seems that users were asking for this editor for a long time and there has never been any response. Is it that Kemper don't see the point, or is it a question of resources?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• My guess is that if Kemper intends to never create one, it would say so.

If, on the other hand, it said it was "working on one" but that it could be a while and that there was no firm timeline, we'd probably put it under even more pressure than we are currently.

Everyone here should know by now that the Mothership™ is surely acutely aware of this request. Daddy knows. No point in continually asking him, "How long 'til we get there, dad?"... IMHO.

• Well, if the question keeps coming up it is because people have not gotten an answer yet. And, considering it's been 5 years since the Kemper came out, I wouldn't consider it redundant. I mean, how long are users supposed to wait before they can ask the question again?

• Well, if the question keeps coming up it is because people have not gotten an answer yet. And, considering it's been 5 years since the Kemper came out, I wouldn't consider it redundant. I mean, how long are users supposed to wait before they can ask the question again?

On an older thread I got a direct answer which pretty much said -
    No, we are not working on an editor.

• Yes, but they only said they weren't working on one, ITTO, not that future development wasn't on the radar.

I guess they kinda left it open.

Well, if the question keeps coming up it is because people have not gotten an answer yet. And, considering it's been 5 years since the Kemper came out, I wouldn't consider it redundant. I mean, how long are users supposed to wait before they can ask the question again?

You know what, Jose? You got me there bro'. :D

• AND if I remember correctly they said they had no plans on it. I could be wrong but I never am. At least that's what everybody keeps telling me.
    This is why I pretty much gave up on the editor discussions.

I am looking for the post.
    A lot to dig through.

• I'll pay €10 for an editor just so I don't have to keep reading threads requesting one! In all seriousness though I am pretty surprised we haven't seen one by now. It isn't top of my wishlist, in fact I'm surprised how important it is to most people, but it would certainly be useful, even just from a managing presets point of view.

• Why there won't be an editor that you all used to know??? Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer - it is due to architecture of this device and it's approach to sound chain creation. It is hell different from modellers, when amps and cabs are constant and stored in the ROM memory. Please read the mentioned thread.
    I would like to have one, but I better focus on my playing :) but because Kemper is out my reach.

• why cant we just hear an explanation from the big guns of why there has not been an editor or will not be an editor and put this to rest. i am still amazed that a unit this costly cannot develop an editor that is clearly wanted by many..

• why cant we just hear an explanation from the big guns of why there has not been an editor or will not be an editor and put this to rest. i am still amazed that a unit this costly cannot develop an editor that is clearly wanted by many..

How many exactly? 20-30?

ps. There is already an editor built into Kemper.

• How many exactly? 20-30?

ps. There is already an editor built into Kemper.[/quote]

not sure what you are talking about..20-30 people wanting an editor or 20 -30 explanations from the big guys that i missed?
    p.s. and im also talking about an editor for the computer that some of us want and im sure you knew that...

• Rig manager is already out, I'm sure more functionality will be added to turn in into a full fledged editor. I'm personally looking forward to the updates to Rig manager.,

• AND if I remember correctly they said they had no plans on it.

Just a thought, ITTO:

I'm sure you would've seen politicians (not a political post - just the best example profession I can think of) many times over the years say, "We don't have / there are no plans for X or Y...", and then months or years later, plans come to be. It's not a ruling-out of anything, but rather a true statement of current fact.

It's conceivable that whilst the team mightn't have had plans to write an editor back then, it has or will reconsider its position in light of the constant "pressure" to do so. Conceivable. Maybe not likely, but not beyond the realms of possibility, theoretically... IMHO.

Rig manager is already out, I'm sure more functionality will be added to turn in into a full fledged editor. I'm personally looking forward to the updates to Rig manager.,

I was thinking about this last night, Dean. I came up with this:

Name
    Rig Station

Comprising, via tabs
    Rig Manager, Rig Editor, Cab Manager and Preset Manager

• Why there won't be an editor that you all used to know??? Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer - it is due to architecture of this device and it's approach to sound chain creation. It is hell different from modellers, when amps and cabs are constant and stored in the ROM memory. Please read the mentioned thread.
    I would like to have one, but I better focus on my playing :) but because Kemper is out my reach.

Just read this and I think I understand the basic point here, which is how do you handle errors regarding synchronisation. I think this is all overcomable but of course requires thought and time in how its coded.

The point I guess really is:
    How many people would find this valuable - personally I think Kemper are missing a trick and editing on a PC will always be easier than on the unit. Does it make the Kemper unusable by not having a full editor? Of course not, but in my eyes it would be an improvement. I find it very frustrating trying to change things on the unit and RM is not as intuitive as it could/should be. Kemper set a very high standard for the UI of the KPA which for me is not replicated in RM.

Are they working on improving it and if so when ? well I would guess given that 4.x is still in beta they have their hands full already and its question of priority. Which would prefer, better sounds/functions on KPA ( e.g. improved delays) or an editor, I guess I'd go better sounds. BUT at some point an editor that means I can easily set up my effects and performances on my PC with all the right names, clean everything up ( I've got my sounds and names in a mess) then that would be very useful for me.

1 vote for Rig station from me :)

I would like an emulation of the KPA screen that I can click around and change and sync back to the KPA when I'm happy...