STILL no software editor ..?

• For me, the lack of an editor is becoming an accessibility issue as my vision is not the best. I wear glasses to see distance but the text on the KPA screen is virtually unreadable from hand length away. So I'm force to remove my glasses and lean in to…

Hello everybody! First post.

Jayson, couldn’t agree with you more. Like you, I don’t have the best eyes to see that small screen. For that very reason I would very much like to have an editor that easy to see. Also, this is just me, but when I have to page through, let’s say the EQ, by the time I get to the 4th or 5th page, I tend to forget the adjustments I made on the first page. If you know what I mean.

I commend C. Kemper for creating probably the best interface for use on the Kemper and I can see why he might be thinking that’s enough. But
    for me, it would be nice to see all the pages at once.

I don’t mean to bring the Helix into this conversation (which I own), but the editor they recently came out with shows a full page of the EQ for example, (which is very easy to see) with drag bars so you can see all the parameter adjustments at once, but also has an adjustable graph where you can easily shape you sound. Just my humble opinion.

• The Helix does have an awesome software editor. Something akin to it from Kemper would be amazing! However, they need to incorporate Rig Manager to the software editor so that we can have everything in one app. Maybe via a Tab, so we can seamlessly switch between RM and the software editor.

• Agreed, L6 have definitely raised the bar with the Helix' operability, UI and editor. Note the apparent contradiction in the previous sentence and draw your conclusions...

I know a couple of players who recently were tossing up between The Kemper/ Helix went for the Helix just because it's easier to tweak settings with a mouse and screen.

I for sure have read posts of tens of people stating that the lack of an editor was a deal breaker for them.
    Half the world (Northern Americans, Aussies) is accustomed to have an editor for any and every device. I wouldn't be surprised if the exchange rate and the lack of an editor were the two main reasons why the Profiler is not as popular in those countries (mainly talking about the amateur and semi-pro market) as it is in Europe.

• Agreed, L6 have definitely raised the bar with the Helix' operability, UI and editor. Note the apparent contradiction in the previous sentence and draw your conclusions...

I for sure have read posts of tens of people stating that the lack of an editor was a deal breaker for them.
    Half the world (Northern Americans, Aussies) is accustomed to have an editor for any and every device. I wouldn't be surprised if the exchange rate and the lack of an editor were the two main reasons why the Profiler is not as popular in those countries (mainly talking about the amateur and semi-pro market) as it is in Europe.

North American
    Amatuer
    Would like an editor

check, check, check :)

• I'm so desperate for an editor that I've been considering trying to use my Nektar Panorama P4 to control parameters on my KPA

Anyone else have a Nektar, and do you have any thoughts on whether or not this would be possible?

(tried to supply a link, but this website is so horrible on my iPhone that I couldn't do it. )

• its really making me wonder why with so many wanting this that we hear nothing on an editor. we are adults here...if there are no plans for one we will have to deal with it and we can stop threads like this. if there is something coming down the pipe i dont think we need a "surprise" or christmas gift type of feel to it. we would just like to know one way or another......

• its really making me wonder why with so many wanting this that we hear nothing on an editor. we are adults here...if there are no plans for one we will have to deal with it and we can stop threads like this. if there is something coming down the pipe i dont think we need a "surprise" or christmas gift type of feel to it. we would just like to know one way or another......

Exactly!

• There have been several community attempts to create an editor but it seems like they are all stalled or stopped all together. Maybe it would be a good idea to find the reason for this (and stop banning the main contributors because they exceeded the thread title character limit).

• I have to say they didn't ban him for exceeding the thread title character limit, that was sinmix. I understand how one could interpret that from the other thread but the response was to an earlier post. The ban was for supposedly suggesting users "hack" the KPA when in fact he claims he suggested them not to. I remember the post and I believe he did say not to.

• An editor is probably the most requested feature besides better delays and verbs. Surely they would listen to the customers feedback? Lets keep our fingers crossed.

• The Kemper folks used to have the manuals read that the FRFR sound was what you were used to hearing on albums and that it was the real tone.....and you should just get used to it.
    Then they created Pure Cab and said, "Well, everybody, for some reason, prefers a tone closer to a guitar amp so here you go."
    Never say never.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• An editor is probably the most requested feature besides better delays and verbs. Surely they would listen to the customers feedback? Lets keep our fingers crossed.

There is hope. To make an editor look real slick and cool is not the easiest task. Good things take time...

Ne travaillez jamais.

• There is hope. To make an editor look real slick and cool is not the easiest task. Good things take time...[/quote]

the only problem i see with this statement is that the kemper has been out for 5 years ...not sure if im right on this time frame but if so thats seems like quite a bit of time to develop an editor.