Exponential Curve for Volume Pedal

• I'd find quite useful and interesting that the Volume pedal could be configured to respond to an exponential curve.
    [Blocked Image: https://a16zcdixon.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/screen-shot-2015-05-12-at-5-46-11-pm1.png]

I'm using the volume pedal in pre and post- stomps position, and often I find the following:
    with the pedal completely resting in heel position, I have to move it very little for the amp to start sounding neraly at full volume (just with less gain as, it's post-stomps).

So by adding an exponential curve response, we'd be able to produce more soft and progressive volume swells when using the volume pedal positioned previous to the stack section.

• I think it all depends on what type of pedal you have. The kp1 is smooth.

I have both a Ep1-KP and a SP-25k, getting same results with both, and not being able to produce a smooth volume transition in the lowest range due to them being linear and the situation explained above (pre-stomps pedal position).

Well in my experience, most expression pedals out there are linear, and that's why many manufacturers include different curve responses to a product that uses conventional expression pedals.

That's why I'd like to add such curves, anyone else have found themselves in this situation?

• The Volume Pedal funktion is very exponential!
    When the pedal is set to 10%, the level is at 1%, that is -40 dB.

It is a natural fact, that only a fraction of the pedal will control the volume, when positioned in front of a gained amp.
    Alternative curves would not cure this situation.

Why don't you position the pedal after the amp ("Pre Effects") to configure a Volume Pedal, rather than a "Gain Pedal"?

• Why don't you position the pedal after the amp ("Pre Effects") to configure a Volume Pedal, rather than a "Gain Pedal"?

Thanks ckemper for chiming in!
    Well I'm putting it previous to the stack section for the type of sound/effect I want to achieve. If you say there's no actual "cure" for the issue and that curves are actually exponential, I guess I could manage to get a similar effect by morphing gain and volume parameters at the same time.

• What Effect do you want to achieve exactly?

I'm after getting soft volume swells, but also with the added gain change. I like the sound change when using the volume pedal in pre-stomps, but I can't manage to get a smooth volume transition of it in the lowest zone.
    Thank you!