Morphing on/off per rig instead of global (solved)

• This feature would really be useful for those of us that use the KPA live with the Remote preset buttons as the trigger and like to use the I-IIII on/off buttons and click the same preset button again to go back to the original preset. With the current way morphing is, if you click the button again it goes into morphing set up mode instead of back to your original preset. So for the way I use the remote, morphing is globally on or off which means I can't use this feature.

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• There are plenty of options to trigger the morphing.

This was actually tailored toward the idea of being able to use the expression pedal for other functions on other rigs, hjscheffler. The idea being if you can decide whether morph is on or off in a rig, you can then use the expression pedal for say volume if the "morph button" is not engaged.

• I have no interest in using the expression pedal to morph, I have that set up as an available wah on all my presets. The morph options I would use also are immediate so stepping on the button again is the only way I would want to trigger it.I had mentioned to a Mod during the beta phase that the best way to combat this is to have a 3 sec hold on a remote switch button to engage the morph edit mode within a rig. That way you can still click the button to go back to your original preset if you have no morphing without going into edit mode and the morphing feature could still be a global function without having to be a per rig/soft button option.

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• If you do not want to use a pedal to engage the morphing you can assign the looper, tuner or tap switch on the Remote to trigger the morphing or use an analog foot switch connected to the Remote for that purpose.

• I'll have to check out that option. As long as the main preset switches don't go into morphing mode it would work for me to use the looper button (which I don't ever use)

• Tried this out today and it does work for me. Changed the looper button to "tap" and the tap button to "morph". Not the best for my set up but it's definitely a workable solution for my live set up.

• Hi. How do you do this ? In System Settings ? Thanks. :thumbup:

System Settings>Remote Settings (page 12)>Button Assignment (soft keys)>change morphing to one of the other buttons (I used the looper button). Now when I'm playing on preset one and have a morph for that Preset, I tap the looper button to use the morph and tap the Preset 1 to go back to the original setting. This also allows you to use buttons I-IIII for additional effect on/off settings and press Preset 1 button to go back to the original setting.