what firmware are new KPS arriving with?

• Once again a lot of noise, personal attacks and false assumptions.

AND STILL NO EXPLANATION

Because you're asking for an explanation from people who don't work at Kemper. How many times must this be repeated ad nauseam?

• Because you're asking for an explanation from people who don't work at Kemper. How many times must this be repeated ad nauseam?

Do you speak for all people on the forum, how do you know nobody has any insight? There are a lot of knowledgeable people on the forum with some lengthy KPA background. Some may have experienced the same scenario before and may have something to share.

• Do you speak for all people on the forum, how do you know nobody has any insight? There are a lot of knowledgeable people on the forum with some lengthy KPA background. Some may have experienced the same scenario before and may have something to share.

I never claimed to. You asked if anyone else had theirs come outdated and were told it's happened. You then insisted to banter on about why, a question that no person on this forum could possibly have an answer for.

Only Profilers build after the 19th of october 2016 had the 4.0.6 version installed.
    Sonic Explorers Profiler was build before that date when 3.3 was still the version that was used in production.

There you go. Could have gone direct to Kemper support and gotten that answer in a matter of minutes.

• I did go to Kemper support.

Only now am I hearing a specific date of 19th of October and that all profilers before that date had v3.3. Because there are people who BOUGHT in November who had v4 series installed. And people who bought out of the same shipment from the same retailer I did but had v4.2 installed (mind you that is not only 4 series but 4.2 which is even more recent).

Which still leaves the question, why after 3+ months of v4 series being released was my unit being loaded with v3.3 ? The other buyer's referred to above call into question even further given how close their units were in sync to the latest OS release dates as would be logical to expect.

Better than nothing, but still clearly not a proper explanation. I welcome anyone who has an explanation to contact me directly.

• Perhaps they were not from the same batch? It's quite probable that they had Kemper's from multiple runs. Just because they would up in the same place doesn't mean they were manufactured at the exact same time.

Why is this even important?

• That's exactly what I thought.

Why then, is Sonic being deliberately obtuse?
    Why can't he come out and say what the problem seem to be, instead of having everyone chasing their own tails?

This is really confusing.

Is this thing on?
    --
    Kemper Rack | Behringer FCB 1010
    Check out my band Blodsmak

• You were told that your Profiler was build at a date when 3.3 was still being used in production and shipped to your dealer in november 2016 where you bought it in december and that your Profiler so far has never been registered by anyone.

• Maybe some of you guys can now start to appreciate why I'm rightly becoming irritated and that you don't know all of what is going on. And accept that maybe I have in fact been trying to shield some entities rather than do any harm as some people have incorrectly accused.

Guys, I don't think he's trolling and I think he's honestly trying to do what he thinks is right. Sonic, you have to understand for the people wanting to help, there's a frustration when you get an answer and you move the goalposts, or aren't satisfied with it, making the cycle feel never ending. Without spilling the beans on your issues, which you're not required to do, you just increase peoples skepticism.

• Guys, I don't think he's trolling and I think he's honestly trying to do what he thinks is right.

Sonic, you have to understand for the people wanting to help, there's a frustration when you get an answer and you move the goalposts, or aren't satisfied with it, making the cycle feel never ending. Without spilling the beans on your issues, which you're not required to do, you just increase peoples skepticism.

Understood. Realize the last thing I want to do is ever harm anybody, most especially if it isn't merited. I was actually trying to shield everybody involved, the mfr, the retailer, and anybody else in the chain until I could get my head around the issues I was chasing. I am always operating first from the perspective that maybe I'm doing something wrong. Much of this surfaced because my KPA would not work right initially, and after much effort with help from the forum we figured it out. Turns out my test amp was one that, for whatever reason, simply cannot be profiled. Nowhere in the marketing or manuals does it even indicate such a thing. This on the heels of circumstances that would raise eyebrows of any customer surrounding my purchase, unless maybe the buyer was an oblivious clown. Anyway, there is absolutely a very legitimate and valid set of circumstances behind everything. Some of the people on the forum really need to stop with all the negative assumptions, personal attacks and accusations.

Back to the topic though, there is still a corporate recording that continues to refuse to explain the real inquiry at hand. That in itself speaks volumes IMO. So let me get this straight, units produced from middle of last year until nearly end of October were installed with an outdated OS rev, for no rational reason, yet suddenly when November came around the production units were suddenly being installed with OS revs that now track very closely to the latest OS releases. And still no explanation, yet I'm supposed to feel comfortable with this? Uh, sorry, but no.