what firmware are new KPS arriving with?

• Understood. Realize the last thing I want to do is ever harm anybody, most especially if it isn't merited. I was actually trying to shield everybody involved, the mfr, the retailer, and anybody else in the chain until I could get my head around the issues I was chasing. I am always operating first from the perspective that maybe I'm doing something wrong. Much of this surfaced because my KPA would not work right initially, and after much effort with help from the forum we figured it out. Turns out my test amp was one that, for whatever reason, simply cannot be profiled. Nowhere in the marketing or manuals does it even indicate such a thing. This on the heels of circumstances that would raise eyebrows of any customer surrounding my purchase, unless maybe the buyer was an oblivious clown. Anyway, there is absolutely a very legitimate and valid set of circumstances behind everything. Some of the people on the forum really need to stop with all the negative assumptions, personal attacks and accusations.
    Back to the topic though, there is still a corporate recording that continues to refuse to explain the real inquiry at hand. That in itself speaks volumes IMO. So let me get this straight, units produced from middle of last year until nearly end of October were installed with an outdated OS rev, for no rational reason, yet suddenly when November came around those production units were suddenly being installed with OS revs that now track very closely to the latest OS releases. And still no explanation, yet I'm supposed to feel comfortable with this? Uh, sorry, but no.

Talking about burning every bridge, and recklessly implementing a scorched Earth policy.

Sonic, you need professional help...seriously.

• Back to the topic though, there is still a corporate recording that continues to refuse to explain the real inquiry at hand. That in itself speaks volumes IMO. So let me get this straight, units produced from middle of last year until nearly end of October were installed with an outdated OS rev, for no rational reason, yet suddenly when November came around the production units were suddenly being installed with OS revs that now track very closely to the latest OS releases. And still no explanation, yet I'm supposed to feel comfortable with this? Uh, sorry, but no.

What I am assuming, which seems reasonable, is that there is a streamlined process that is followed during the manufacturing of some units. This includes programming the OS. Perhaps there were still bugs being worked out or it just takes time (and resources) to change a procedure. I'm sure there is an explanation, but maybe not a handy reason that Kemper thought it needed to justify itself with. Is it worth all this effort to know?

In any respect, it's becoming almost irrational why you are hanging on this point. Whether Kemper sent you a unit with 3.3 or 4.2, you can readily go to their website to install the latest FW, and indeed they advise you to immediately do so. Does it matter which came with the unit? Does it matter when Kemper changed their procedure in reference to the OS for new units? As @Dean_R said, your Kemper is not expired, yet you've steadfastly refused to update the OS the last time I saw.

It's getting to the point where you are banging on about a point that has no consequence. This is where we are. You have 3.3. You have the ability to upgrade to 5.0. What's the hold up? Do you demand the waiter tell you the Chicken's nickname, the farms address, and how long it was alive before you eat it?

At this point I think it's a reasonable time to move on.

• So let me get this straight, units produced from middle of last year until nearly end of October were installed with an outdated OS rev, for no rational reason, yet suddenly when November came around the production units were suddenly being installed with OS revs that now track very closely to the latest OS releases. And still no explanation, yet I'm supposed to feel comfortable with this? Uh, sorry, but no.

But why does this bother you so much? What do you see here that the rest of us cannot fathom?

Is this thing on?
    --
    Kemper Rack | Behringer FCB 1010
    Check out my band Blodsmak

• What I am referring to is a situation where there are at least three months between production and the expiration the of the version of OS that was installed. A version initially released nearly a year ago now. Making it two releases out of date as of the production date. Further, all others I've received feedback from, who were also buying in the same timeframe, are reporting they received a version that closely aligns as would be expected. Even one person who bought from the very same retailer I purchased from on nearly the same day.

G String, I'm not sure if your reply is another intentional dodge, but just to clarify, no this isn't settled. I am no closer to an explanation than when i first inquired. And have been doing everything I could to get some extra insight while keeping the details off the forum as I seek an explanation. You are welcome to email me directly with an explanation.

Maybe some of you guys can now start to appreciate why I'm rightly becoming irritated and that you don't know all of what is going on. And accept that maybe I have in fact been trying to shield some entities rather than do any harm as some people have incorrectly accused.

sonic,

i did my best to explain something very simple to you. my intent was not to "dodge" you. if you believe that something is wrong with your Profiler, please return it to your dealer. if you have an issue with the way we put operating systems on our products, I cannot help you here and there is not more to explain.

as you mention above, you are not sure how to take my reply, if it is another "intentional dodge". i'm not sure how to take your reply either, in fact i'm not certain about your intentions at all. intended to be an anti trolling precaution, i will move this thread to the private section. only registered product owners can post there.

gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• umh, this thread should be closed altogether and for good, in my humble opinion.
    there is no new knowledge to be gained here, everything that could possibly be explained has been,
    to the extent that even a 5-year-old would understand, and anything being added on to this
    ridiculous and either - to me - pretty obvious attempt at trolling or the plain refusal to admit that this,
    in essence, is a complete non-issue, is nothing more than a waste of time, nerve, and bandwidth.

how someone can feel the inexplicable need to keep on fighting to finally, in some miraculous way, turn up being the "winner"
    of this argument, just for the sake of it, is completely beyond me, even more so than it has been perfectly made clear quite
    a while ago that there is no issue to be taken here. in all honesty, sonic... please, for the love of god, move on and be done with it.
    either accept the perfectly reasonable answer you have been given - by highest authority, nonetheless - and UPDATE YOUR KPA TO THE NEWEST FIRMWARE
    LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE IS DOING FIRST THING AFTER UNPACKING AND PLUGGIN IN, or stop bothering everybody to death with your petty and childish argument.
    it's getting old. seriously. stop it. please. we've had it.