I would buy a version 2 KPA if-

• I don't want to diminish others opinions in this topic, but I'm really tired of the current practice of many manufacturers and developers, who instead of bringing their product to a condition in which it is a joy to use it, they abandon such product and bring a whole new thing to the market.

I'm glad Kemper isn't playing this game with us (yet).

A manufacturer has a job to do if the product doesn't work as advertised. The problem with endless refinement and enhancement is that the work has to be paid for. At some point the manufacturer either has to start charging for firmware-updates or abandon the hardware in favour of a new design.

• Nowhere I wrote that I want endless refinement and enhancement from Kemper (nor from any other company) and that they should never make a new product, but I think you understood my point. :)

Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it.
    Laurence J. Peter

• The KPA will not always be the be all end all. That is just the way it is.
    As time goes on, more iterations of digital amps will come out from other manufacturers.

They will get better. Maybe they will use the KPAs method of sound reproduction. Maybe with slight variations of achieving it.
    Or they will come up with something entirely new and get the same or better results.

They will also add more of the things that everyone wants. Along with the fantastic tonal qualities.
    Once this happens, well, either sh## or get off the pot because you will fade away.

They will have to come out with an updated version to keep new buyers interested in them instead of the others.

Once again, the thread is about, what would it take to get you to buy a newer version.

Some are still praising the KPA as it is. You are preaching to the choir. We get it. That is why we got it. ^^
    That is not what This thread is about.

• One thing they could do with the Kemper 2 is to allow profile makers to create 'mega' (for want of a better term) profiles that contains multiple profiles of an amp, each with different settings. So, instead of having 12 profiles for different gain and mic settings on a particular amp, you would just have one mega profile, and adjusting the gain dial would essentially morph between each sub-profile.

I find the interface great, but, as previously stated, a new display wouldn't hurt. Also, a built in drum machine would be great!

• For me I'd want to see :

- Dual amp's
    - A much expanded FX path and routing options (more slots and the ability to shift amp block around)
    - Much faster boot time
    - SPDIF Slave as well as 48k (and even 96k) support
    - Improvements on the cab/room side (though that may be being dealt with in the upcoming 5.0 OS update that people are saying will address verbs and delays).
    - IOS/Android control software
    - Larger/more readable/maybe even touch sensitive screen

Also as other product ideas, given the age of the tech I imagine it would be quite possible to do mid-life products at affordable prices.

- KPA Slim - A much smaller form factor of the existing version,
    - KPA Stomp - A cut down version sans FX in a stomp box, only basic tone stack editing and patch selection controls. Everything else loaded on and edited via rig manager and the bigger toaster if you want to deep edit the amp settings.

• With these ideas you guys are putting down, would that be what it takes for you to buy a new one? This is the big question.

I am trying to keep this thread from being just another feature request listing.

• I'm thinking the Kemper 2 will have takers because there's likely to be more power under the hood. This could translate into more simultaneous FX, dual profiles, et al. Basically, with the amp side of things already well under control, I think the Kemper 2 will attempt to cover ground occupied by other manufacturers at present. I don't see much in the way of improvement in the core capability of profiling, but there will be lots of us who will be swayed by the ability to get more from their Kempers. It will be just a question of whenever you can sell the old one and scrape up the cash for version 2.

• One thing they could do with the Kemper 2 is to allow profile makers to create 'mega' (for want of a better term) profiles that contains multiple profiles of an amp, each with different settings. So, instead of having 12 profiles for different gain and mic settings on a particular amp, you would just have one mega profile, and adjusting the gain dial would essentially morph between each sub-profile.

I really like that idea :thumbup:

I find the interface great, but, as previously stated, a new display wouldn't hurt. Also, a built in drum machine would be great!

I really like that idea :thumbup:

After thinking about this it is a very interesting idea.

Go even further and recreate the whole amp spectrum through mapping each
    electronic component and it's true effect on the circuit.

If they could truly turn the electronics piece by piece into code.
    Each particular path down to the diode and resistors each on their own.
    Then put each code part in a chain and run it.

Isnt this kind of the idea of other digital amps?
    All be it a bit more synthetic?

• that's what Helix and Axe Fx II do. The equivalent to what you're saying form the Kemper would be if you can profile the tone stack so you profile the treble bass etc and if you profile the gain Knob that would also work. There's a software plugin that does that for Compressors , EQ s and reverbs right now by what they call dynamic sampling, the plugin or platform is Nebula by an italian company "Acustica". It's very cool because the reverbs samples are not just static impulses but more dynamic and so are the sampled EQs.

IF Kemper would team up with them, they probably can get this done quicker but for now to profile or sample one knob, it takes 20 minutes by running some long sine wave and playing it through the device being sampled.

https://acustica-audio.com/ind…l&product_id=65&Itemid=53

• that's what Helix and Axe Fx II do. The equivalent to what you're saying form the Kemper would be if you can profile the tone stack so you profile the treble bass etc and if you profile the gain Knob that would also work. There's a software plugin that does that for Compressors , EQ s and reverbs right now by what they call dynamic sampling, the plugin or platform is Nebula by an italian company "Acustica". It's very cool because the reverbs samples are not just static impulses but more dynamic and so are the sampled EQs.

IF Kemper would team up with them, they probably can get this done quicker but for now to profile or sample one knob, it takes 20 minutes by running some long sine wave and playing it through the device being sampled.

https://acustica-audio.com/ind…l&product_id=65&Itemid=53

Isnt what they do more perceived as opposed to actual?
    I mean, in theory of what they think a circuit should sound like.

• Isnt what they do more perceived as opposed to actual?
    I mean, in theory of what they think a circuit should sound like.

What they do is they actually sample the EQ knobs of an actual vintage hardware just like Kemper profiles the amp and they compare the hardware with the software, same as Kemper compares against actual amp, it's not just a perception of what it should sound like. You can buy Sampled Hardware EQs and compressors just like you buy profiles for Kemper. They call them libraries by third party commercial like these

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/…nline/nebulasoftware.html

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• Im all in for that talent button!!! 8o

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user