A big profiles theft!

• I think vendors now need to put a "agree and disclaimer" to check before purchase (or end user agreement etc) that profiles CANNOT BE RE SOLD.

This won't help at all for 2 reasons:

1. Criminals don't care about disclaimers, 99.9% of them won't ever check or even see this disclaimer cause they don't actually buy the products from the original source.
    2. Software products (licences) can be re-sold (transferred) at least here in Germany. The disclaimer doesn't matter and doesn't change the legal situation.

• Hi Light box, yes understood, but its still a legal way to prosecute them, for example if this guy gets caught, he says i was just re selling, them and this is not illegal, IF THEY HAD AN END USER AGREEMENT UP FRONT, they could actually be prosecuted for selling them! Hope this makes it clearer.
    In my country this agreement would be valid. :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Just looked on Ebay. Somebody in the US is selling a USB stick full of profiles for $150.
    They said they sold their KPA and now are selling the commercial profiles.

What is the difference if I were to sell Profiles I bought?
    What is to stop anyone from buying a whole load of profiles and reselling them continuously? This could be a money maker.

Spend the money buying them all and then selling them over and over at a discounted price.

• Thanks Nicky and inthrutheout.. thats a good point , i think using a similar end user agreement that Kemper uses in Rig exchange might suffice ,

"Terms and conditions- By purchasing this kemper Rig pack you agree to the following terms and conditions.
    You may not offer this pack in any way or form for re sale on the web. If re selling your Kemper theses restrictions also apply to the packs.
    etc etc.

Mean time i guess its going to up to us and facebook to shame these XXXXers

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Getting that many profiles in one go is never that satisfying and reminds me of people who have a terabyte of mp3s downloaded, but never listen to music. You need to look forward to buying a few profiles at a time and really value them.

Also I values the future work of these sellers and wish them to continue in the future.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• There is no doubt that this guy from Croatia is ripping off professional amp profile sellers. :thumbdown:

My general opinion about the topic "selling used profiles" is: as profiles are just a kind of software it should be legal to sell them if you delete them from all your devices afterwards.
    If I would sell my Kemper I had no need to keep my bought profiles, so I'd try to get some money for them.

Today's system of distributing professional amp profiles is mostly based on trust and hoping the customer won't share them. If you want to be really sure nobody shares your commercial profiles a license check (e.g. based on the Kemper serial number) had to be implemented.

• Getting that many profiles in one go is never that satisfying and reminds me of people who have a terabyte of mp3s downloaded, but never listen to music. You need to look forward to buying a few profiles at a time and really value them.

Also I values the future work of these sellers and wish them to continue in the future.

Exactly
    , karlic!

It's just like winning the lottery, doping in sport and then "winning", having a high-paying job handed to you on a platter... or a house for that matter.

Nothing, as Cal Coolidge said, can take the place of persistence and dedication. Without struggle, all things acquired or achieved are without solidity and are cold comfort; in essence, they're meaningless "victories", destined to be taken for granted and squandered in the manner so-richly deserved.

As he also said, referring to persistence, talent will not take its place, neither will genius or education. His conclusion? Persistence and dedication alone are omnipotent.

Those with endless "lists" of MP3s, movies and Kemper Profiles will not truly know or appreciate what they have, nor will they ever understand the satisfaction that can be derived from "earning" them. It's a spiritual, psychological and statistical fact that those with the most-easily gotten gains happen to also be the ones who are least able to appreciate them.

• I informed EBAY KLEINANZEIGEN about the german seller (because he totally ignored my warning) So I'm hoping they gonna delete his ad and/or close his account.

@120dBRockNRoll
    I absolutely agree with you about the fact that "it should be legal to sell them if you delete them from all your devices afterwards."
    But if someone is reselling these profiles many times it's obviously that this person wanna make an illegal profit out of it.

About the croation guy I really really hope that he never will sell anything otherwise this could be a big problem for us seller (as I said earlier)
    I really hate this kind of attitude from these damned criminals, making money with stolen things!

• For the same reason, a few days ago I suggested to implement a way to "protect" the profiles. That should solve the problem or the problem will grow exponentially in the future.

It's really a shame, I never thought that creators would face such an issue because as far as I know most of them promote their stuff through here and honestly so far I've only come across honest and kind people. As far as forums go, this one is the friendliest ever!
    Back to the point I still believe creators have nothing to be afraid of by all of us here. We got honor and balls hehe!