New Profiles!

• Sorry about the above post! I'm an internet idiot!!!!

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• You are a great addition to the community. :!:
    Your profiles can be compared with the best of the professional vendors. :thumbup:
    Thanks for your work and for sharing. :) (Had great fun yesterday)

Thank you sir! I've been recording guitars for a long time. But I'm still trying to find ways to get the best results possible with the Kemper. I'm using the Fryette Power Station attenuator in most of the profiles which it's the most transparent attenuator I've used so I can get the power amp section of an amp to work harder. The PS attenuator has a fx loop in which I plug a TC Electronics stereo 4 band parametric eq with both channels hooked together( now an 8 band eq) so I can change the eq of my amps post distortion.I use it in some of the profiles just to get a different tone
    When I find some time, I would like to experiment with making profiles with different mic positions and just using one speaker per profile. But I like combining speakers that sound different and also complement each other. My favorite is using the Scumback BH75 and M75 with a 57 on each and a Royer 121 on either speaker. When I record guitar tracks with my amps I use 4 or 5 mics while recording so I cab choose what combination sounds best during mix down. Adding a V30 to the mix sounds great also. I'm still learning so hopefully I'll be able to make better profiles and share them with you fine people in this forum!

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• Here's a quick jam I wrote with some of the amps and same mic set up I used for the profiles. Is not a perfect mix. The Plexis are used on the Strat leads and the BE100 on other leads and the PT100 and Mesa Recto on rhythm.
    soundcloud.com/eljodon/guitar-jam

What a cool job, great! Reminded me of Vinnie Moore back in his prime. Those tones are killer - I've just found this thread today so I will definitely be checking out your profiles... sounds awesome on this track. Can't wait. Thanks so much for all your hard work and being so generous with your work!!

Gary ô¿ô

• What a cool job, great! Reminded me of Vinnie Moore back in his prime. Those tones are killer - I've just found this thread today so I will definitely be checking out your profiles... sounds awesome on this track. Can't wait. Thanks so much for all your hard work and being so generous with your work!![/quote]

Thank you! I've never listened to Vinnie Moore, but I've heard of him. I hope you enjoy the profiles!

• I've just been jamming out to your profiles, nice work @eljodon - keep it up! I especially like the BE100 dirt. I did find it (and many of the others) a bit bright on both my PRS and MM, so a bit darker wouldn't be bad, as others plus yourself have commented. I have had to gate all the higher gain profiles of course. I know lots of folks like it "raw," I prefer clean right out of the box.

Great stuff though, thanks for sharing!

Gary ô¿ô

• I've never listened to Vinnie Moore, but I've heard of him.

For real? Your 'jam' reminded me of an old tune of his called "Daydream." Look it up on YouTube perhaps. Your playing style and harmonized lines are reminiscent of that tune as well. Great stuff.

Gary ô¿ô

• For real? Your 'jam' reminded me of an old tune of his called "Daydream." Look it up on YouTube perhaps. Your playing style and harmonized lines are reminiscent of that tune as well. Great stuff.[/quote]

I'll check it out! I wrote the chord progression in 1987 and found a video of my old band playing it live at a club in LA. It even had lyrics and melody! I liked the lick so I re-did it as a guitar jam just recently. My friend used to be into Vinnie Moore but since there was so many guitar shredders coming out in those days, I just stuck to a few. Besides, we didn't have internet and youtube! Maybe I could learn some stuff from him!

• '87 may be about the time I first heard of Vinnie... it was on a plastic record within Guitar Player magazine. I collected lots of those back then. The tune came from his album "Time Odyssey." Yngwie, Satch, they all came out around the same time. Sure, hard to be into all of them at once... though I kind of was, though not really a shredder; blues-rocker mostly. Do check him out. You'll enjoy I think.

Gary ô¿ô

• I agree, Gary; I think George, based on the conversations I've had with him, will definitely appreciate Vinnie.

'86/'87 here too. For decades, he's been on my "most-underrated guitarist" list. The great thing about Vinnie as opposed to many shredders of his era, IMHO, is that he's continued to try to push boundaries and grow as a player. Some of his solo stuff's really out there and chock-full of variety. Kudos to Vinnie, for sure.

Go for it, George. I think you'll be impressed and you can thank us later.

• I checked Vinnie Moore and he's really good, but I'm not even close to his skills as a player. Perhaps it's the harmonizing of fast runs that might be similar? From what I heard, it looks like he favors humbucking pickups. I like to blend single coil pickups with humbuckers on some of my rhythm parts. I really like this amazing player, his name is Rick Graham and his the master in hybrid picking and legato playing. He teaches guitar on youtube, look him up. I've been trying to learn his picking technique, but I've been doing up/down picking forever so it's hard to get used to it! I have to actually sit down and
    play with a metronome and I'm afraid that I'll be 60 years old before I break my old picking habits! Thank you for introducing me to Vinnie Moore! He's a great player!

• Thanks! Like I said, it's my first time making profiles. The part that I have issues with is finding a profile that it's similar to the amp I'm trying to profile. My 68 Metro/Friedman and 68/69 Scumback Plexi amps both sound different than any of the profiles I can find and I even purchased many Plexi profiles. My Metro/Friedman uses 6ca7 tubes for the power section 2 NOS Bugle boy 12ax7 on V1 and V2 and an original Mullard 12ax7 on V3 and has an internal "variac" which you can set at 90 volts.The profiles sounds close but not close enough. I'm just wondering how close the profile that you have has to be in order to make your own profile?

Thanx for the great work and profiles man! I had the same issue and solved it. I don't look for a similar profile to start profiling the amp. I just profile the amp once. Then using that profile, I start over. For my JMP-1 preamp profiles, I had a random marshall profile. I started the profiling process. When it's done, I saved it as JMP-1-001. Then when the JMP-1-001 profile is active on the Kemper, I started the process again. So the profiler did the job using a very similar (actually the same jmp-1) profile. I named the new profile JMP-1-002. It seems to work fine for me.

• Thanx for the great work and profiles man! I had the same issue and solved it. I don't look for a similar profile to start profiling the amp. I just profile the amp once. Then using that profile, I start over. For my JMP-1 preamp profiles, I had a random marshall profile. I started the profiling process. When it's done, I saved it as JMP-1-001. Then when the JMP-1-001 profile is active on the Kemper, I started the process again. So the profiler did the job using a very similar (actually the same jmp-1) profile. I named the new profile JMP-1-002. It seems to work fine for me.

Thanks for the tip!

• Having a profile similar to the amp you're trying to profile doesn't have any impact on the resulting profile. It's just so that you have something to reference against while setting the dials on the amp and the mics.

• Having a profile similar to the amp you're trying to profile doesn't have any impact on the resulting profile. It's just so that you have something to reference against while setting the dials on the amp and the mics.

But it does retain any metadata you don't edit, I think (like cab name, mic name, rig author etc etc - I THINK? So it might be an idea to have a couple of choice rigs (or rather: rigs with choice tags) just to not have to edit all those fields.

I may be wrong :)

• But it does retain any metadata you don't edit, I think (like cab name, mic name, rig author etc etc - I THINK? So it might be an idea to have a couple of choice rigs (or rather: rigs with choice tags) just to not have to edit all those fields.

I may be wrong :)

True dat, my man! Also any effects you have in the reference Rig, too. Good call (as usual ;) )