New Profiles!

• I spent a few hours today playing through the amazing profiles you've uploaded. There are some truly great ones here - some quite bright, maybe, but I love the clarity and depth of tone, even with a lot of gain. There are some very 3-dimensional profiles, and the right gain range for me. These are right up there with my favourites.
    What a fantastic job, and so generous! Thank you, @eljodon.

Thanks! I think the reason might sound 3D could be because I use 3 or 4 mics with different speakers which are housed in the same cabinet.I did this because I got tired of changing cabinets every time I wanted to use a different speaker. I blend the mics which are all plugged into Chandler Limited TG 2's and SSL eq's and compressors, then I mix them with my SSL XRack mixer from my patch bay to the Kemper. I get the mics in phase by recording a tight staccato chord and make sure that the beginning of the waveform from each mic lined up by moving the mics backwards or forwards. You can get many different tones by blending different speakers. I keep my cabinet mic'd at all times for consistency. I'm going to post more profiles with each speaker by itself and then a combination so people can hear the difference. A bunch will be from my Recto and also profiles that sound(hopefully) close to VH tones.

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• Well Halle-freakin'-lujah, George! Shaking my head.

This is how all blended-mic profiles should be made IMHO - great preamps and mixer and properly-phase-aligned signals.

I'm so damned allergic to phase cancellation that even 'though I won't be hearing your profiles in-person for a while yet, you're my new Forum Hero™, George!

Well done, brother! 8o

• Lol! I just like to share things I've learned over the years, to make things simpler for other fellow musicians! Thanks!

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• @eljodon
    First of all you're a great guitarist, but secondly you are blessed with "golden"ears!!
    Perhaps for those playing singlecoils it might be bright, but to me (playing Gibson Les Paul), they are
    exactly what i like, especially the Friedman and PT100 profiles are bullseye!!

Great great job on these and i just hope you will not go to the "dark side" with your future profiles.
    Fantastic that you are sharing these, which is much appreciated but in case you are going commercial in the future I would definately buy from you.

Very well done!!!

• These are incredible to my ears! If this profile pack was the only one installed on a new Kemper, a new user could instantly find something they can appreciate. The delays and boosts and EQ's included are a great match too. Well done!

Huge Thanks!!

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Thanks! I think the reason might sound 3D could be because I use 3 or 4 mics with different speakers which are housed in the same cabinet.I did this because I got tired of changing cabinets every time I wanted to use a different speaker. I blend the mics which are all plugged into Chandler Limited TG 2's and SSL eq's and compressors, then I mix them with my SSL XRack mixer from my patch bay to the Kemper. I get the mics in phase by recording a tight staccato chord and make sure that the beginning of the waveform from each mic lined up by moving the mics backwards or forwards. You can get many different tones by blending different speakers. I keep my cabinet mic'd at all times for consistency. I'm going to post more profiles with each speaker by itself and then a combination so people can hear the difference. A bunch will be from my Recto and also profiles that sound(hopefully) close to VH tones.

Out of curiosity, what kind of EQ'ing and compression are you applying to the mic signal before you profile the amp?

• Out of curiosity, what kind of EQ'ing and compression are you applying to the mic signal before you profile the amp?[/quote]

I don't usually eq or compress the profiles with SSL eq's and compression. I always have the TG2 preamps>SSL comps>SSLeq signal chain>SSL mixer plugged together regardless if I use them or not. I think having the signal going through all of it, gives me the character that I want. Some people have said that the profiles might be too bright,and they're right but I rather have them bright than dark because to me, it sounds more natural to lower the brightness than to add it. Also, it helps when you're mixing for the sound to cut through. A good way to get rid of the brightness besides lowering the treble and the presence is to use the Studio Parametric eq(default) post amp, which has a low pass filter and dial it down between 10kHz to 6kHz.

• This! As i have written: they work great with a les paul.
    Id like to have some of them miced with a sm 57 wich sounds not darker, just a bit less brightness.

• The Friedman ones are absolutely Killer! Played some Queensryches
    OperationLIVEcrime right out of the Box...sounds amazing with my
    Tremonti!
    PS.. in my opinion, the "brighter ones" sit perfectly in the mix while the less bright ones sound better all alone!
    So: Thanks a lot and keep profiling!!

PS.:
    also some criticsm: I didn´t like the Rectos since they were boomy and
    ...can´t explain better..."faceless"...but that´s just my personal
    taste...just wanted you to know this!

• This! As i have written: they work great with a les paul.
    Id like to have some of them miced with a sm 57 wich sounds not darker, just a bit less brightness.[/quote]

I used my PRS Custom 24 with 59/09 pickups which are my favorite. I only use the PRS for rhythm tracks I also have the 59/09 on 2 Warmoth guitars that I built which are my favorites, both have scalloped neck and 10" to 16" compound radius and thin contour which are very easy to play and helps me because I have a problem with my left hand.

• Thank you! I'm glad to bring joy to fellow guitar players!!!!
    I know that my Recto profiles need work, but I've been learning a lot from people's comments. Those were one of the first ones.I made some new profiles which I think might be better and I also made different profiles with a single 57 and 4 different speakers which I'll post them and see what you think. I honestly like rectos better with a Maxon OD808 and sometimes a Furman PQ3 or other eq's that I have in the front end.
    I'm mainly a Marshall guy. I bought a Recto because I write music for TV and I need different guitar tones for the music that I write.

• Thank you! I'm glad to bring joy to fellow guitar players!!!!
    I know that my Recto profiles need work, but I've been learning a lot from people's comments. Those were one of the first ones.I made some new profiles which I think might be better and I also made different profiles with a single 57 and 4 different speakers which I'll post them and see what you think. I honestly like rectos better with a Maxon OD808 and sometimes a Furman PQ3 or other eq's that I have in the front end.
    I'm mainly a Marshall guy. I bought a Recto because I write music for TV and I need different guitar tones for the music that I write.

No need to excuse ;) I am really looking forward to your Rectiprofiles...I liked it the best when Bass was not that much high, even so the gain to get that punchy, tight fat ballsyrythmsound we love the recto for...and it´s always a great idea to boost it with a tubescreamer in front to tighten it up...can´t wait for your next profiles ;)

• Fantastic profiles! I stumbled upon one of them by random chance on the Rig Exchange, and promptly downloaded the rest of your profiles. The Friedman ones are my favorites. Sounds spectacular with my Les Paul. Thanks a lot!

• I finally got to upload a ton of profiles using most of my amp collection.

You are a great addition to the community. :!:
    Your profiles can be compared with the best of the professional vendors. :thumbup:
    Thanks for your work and for sharing. :) (Had great fun yesterday)

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• Lol! I just like to share things I've learned over the years, to make things simpler for other fellow musicians! Thanks!

You might know this already, but a less time-consuming way to get different mics in phase is to reamp some white/pink noise (or loop some guitar chords or get someone else to play lol), take a pair of well-isolated headphones, flip the phase of the second mic and experiment with the distance until the signal in the cans sounds thinest/quietest/weakest. Once done, reverse the phase again and you've got instant thick, meaty guitar tone (if you dialled it in that way, haha!). Repeat with any subsequent mics. :)

You might know this already, but a less time-consuming way to get different mics in phase is to

reamp

some white/pink noise (or loop some guitar chords or get someone else to play lol), take a pair of well-isolated headphones, flip the phase of the second mic and experiment with the distance until the signal in the cans sounds

thinest

/quietest/weakest. Once done, reverse the phase again and you've got instant thick, meaty guitar tone (if you

dialled

it in that way, haha!). Repeat with any subsequent mics. :)

Thanks for sharing! I tried it before with good results, but for some reason, I got used to doing it the way I'm doing it now. One thing I'm having issues with is getting a good DI profile. I've gone through the process several times and the profile ends up sounding dark. I selected the "no cabinet" on the profiling page and used various DI boxes with the same result.