How to use a cabinet from another profile

• I thought I could select any stored preset and then freely select a different amp, cab or whatever.
    But the KPA showed only 5 available amps and cabs.

To read the manual was not very helpful to understand the concept.

The KPA can store stuff in different Levels:
    Performance Level: (not available yet) seams to allow the user to organize and store groups of presets (for a performance or song)
    Preset Level (KPA calles it Rig): All the presets include: the used profile (amp, cab), effect settings and other stuff like input settings...
    Group Level: "Stomps" stores ALL settings for the effect Slots A,B,C,D. "Stacks" stores ALL settings for Amp, EQ, Cab. "Effects" stores ALL settings for the effect Slots X,Mod,Delay,Reverb
    Module Level: Stores settings for an individual module (Input, A,B,C,D,Amp,EQ,CAB, X, Mod,Delay,Reverb)

Example:
    We have two presets lets say a Marshall-Amp with a V30 Cab and a Fender-Amp with a Jensen Cab (each preset with its own effect settings).

If I like to create a new Preset with the Fender-Amp and the V30 Cab than I have to do this:
    1. Load the Marshall-Amp preset
    2. Select the CAB module
    3. Press store
    4. KPA asks if I want to store the full rig (preset) or the CAB alone -> I select CAB, choose a name e.g. "4x12 V30" and store it
    5. Load the Fender-Amp preset
    6. Select the CAB module
    7. Browse the available presets (select the "4x12 V30)
    8. Store the new preset with a new Name e.g. "Fender with V30"
    done

Here is a nice video about all this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRPV6wEB018

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited 2 times, last by Armin ().

• Thanks Armin! It could be worthwhile to save at once all the cabs so they are available forever.....must look if I have spare time...not much at the moment :(

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Great, thanks, it seems to answer the question I have asked in another thread for amp changing in a preset.
    It works the same way.

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

• Nice one, that's exactly what i was looking for. It could be the right solution to complete my profils without any cabs.

• choose a name e.g. "4x12 V30" and store it

How do you know what speakers are in the cab of lets say an AC30 profile, or a Fender Deluxe Reverb profile, or a Bogner profile, and whether the cab is a 1x12, or 2x12, or 4x12?
    In other words how do you name a cab if you don't know what the cab is?

I think Kemper need to tell us what every cab is on every Profile, then we can save them and name them.

• My own profiles are all tagged - this includes a name for the whole stack, amp, cab, cab type (e.g. 4x12) and used mic.

If your profiles does not contain this data - then you are lost.

In your case you could name it 'AC30 CAB' or whatever you like.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Thanks Armin.

Which Profiles are yours on the Kemper?

At this stage I dont make Profiles, so I dont need to name them.
    What I mean is, the Profiles that came on the Kemper, besides your's and some others, dont indicate what speakers were in the cab, and how many speakers were in the cab, and what mike was used....we need to know that info to name the cabs used in the Profiles that come with the Kemper..