SPDIF seperate DI out level

• I have a little one which is only a comfort thing. ;)
    Here is the situation... I'm recording via SPDIF setup set as DI + kempered signal. Most of my guitars pickups have a really hot output, especially on the tuned down ones and hard strumming. My RME Fireface detects clipping all the time on the SPDIF DI channel. To lower the DI signal going to my RME I have to reduce the clean sense parameter drastically. Perfect is, that the Kemper has a reamp adjust for feeding back the recorded signal so recording at lower levels is fine.
    It would be really nice to have a separate DI Out adjust for the SPDIF way. I know it is possible to work with different input settings but the problem is, when I switch from distorted to clean profiles the level of the clean profiles is much too low. There is a workaround for everything but it would be really nice to have a seperate DI out adjust for comfort and "set and forget". ;)

• Does the Input LED go red or orange when the Interface clips?

Thanks a lot for jumping in. :) Yes the Input LED is also red when clipping. I have this appearance mostly with my Paula equipped with a BKP Cold Sweat (passive) and my ESP with the EMG JH Set (active). Both Pickups are high to the strings. If I am doing anything wrong here I'd like to change it. :)

There is a SPDIF out volume. I set it to -10 personally.

The SPDIF out volume parameter doesn't effect the DI level, only the "kempered" signal. I'm actually on the latest 3.3 OS and didn't read that there was a change on this. I think of updating to v.4 this week.

• If you set the Clean Sens in a way, that the perceived volume of clean sounds do not exceed the level of distorted rigs, then I am confident you will not see the red light and no clipping on Spdif.

• If you set the Clean Sens in a way, that the perceived volume of clean sounds do not exceed the level of distorted rigs, then I am confident you will not see the red light and no clipping on Spdif.

Thanks for your support, I will give this another try, I've done this before and always ended up with a value where it seems to be good in the way of comparing distorted and clean sounds but especially those hard hitted lower tuned palm mutes clipped the SPDIF input sometimes so I had to lower the Clean Sense further more. So I came up with this request idea ;)

Sorry if this is hijacking (something I don't endorse myself), but I have experienced clipping/red light when balancing by ear. Only on my bass with active pickups, though - but the behaviour is definitely there. There might be something "amiss" when there's a lot of low frequency content with a high input level (ie. high output from the instrument).