Favorite Profiles

• I believe that after getting more and more profiles all will get very complicated to find a profile I like.
    Could you add a feature to mark profiles as 'favorites' and then either show only 'favorites' or 'all'

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I do tweak them and store without renaming sometime, but if you sort them per date you find them all together at the end. Going ahead I will just insert my initials at the beginning of the rig name.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Yes, but in a few month we all will have 1000+ profiles from many users - and than we either need to constantly import/export files or get a feature to mark favorites.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I believe that after getting more and more profiles all will get very complicated to find a profile I like.
    Could you add a feature to mark profiles as 'favorites' and then either show only 'favorites' or 'all'

It would be nice to extend this, and in addition to what armin has requested to also have a facility to save a profile as favourite 'amp A' 'amp B' etc. These could be saved to performance per sets for live use. The idea would be that any changes of or tweaking to 'amp A' for example would automatically be transferred to all rigs which use that profile.
    Saves a great deal of fiddling around with live sets of presets etc.

• It would be nice if there was an option to navigate though folders, for example, sorted by author. Or maybe custom folders that you made for separating soft gain, cleans, high gains, etc..

NEVER :!:
    say
    NEVER
    :!:

• I may be in sort of a unique situation having had the KPA for some time but I now have almost 1000 Rigs and it's getting difficult to manage them so a Favorite function would be welcome.

Cheers,

Mats N

• +1
    Other variant of this could be marking certain rigs/profiles as ”current session” for example and being able to browse just those – sort of like temporary favorites. So when tracking you could tag the profiles that you are using in the current session with that tag and browse quickly just those. And after the session you could clear these “current session” tags (come to think of it, performance mode (when available) may possibly be used in this way).

But the trouble with rig management options is finding a balance so that there aren’t too many different browsing options because then it becomes overly complicated. But some more options are definitely required.

EDIT:

A cool tip for using snapshots as "temporary favorites" in this thread (thanks to JEL):
    www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=24274#post24274

Edited once, last by TMV ().

• I have been renaming the beggeining of each name so I can go there first to my favs. But now there are so many I am not always doing that. A quicker feature like simply hitting a fav button would save time and from me renaming all the time.

• It would be nice if there was an option to navigate though folders, for example, sorted by author. Or maybe custom folders that you made for separating soft gain, cleans, high gains, etc..

+1 Sorting for different kind of gain would be nice.
    That would be nice to now even before I download a profile, me mostly looking for Higain profiles.
    Don´t now if this has been discussed under another thread maybee :?:

// Björn

• The thing is, I can take any Profile on the Kemper, the "worst" or the "worst" Profile, and in 30 seconds I can make it sound better than any modeller I've ever used/owned.

I dunno, is that a problem or a blessing? :D

Last night I decided to mess with the Goldie, it was nowhere near one of my favourite amp Profiles.
    After a few minutes I had a killer Les Paul crunchy lead tone, I had to save it as one of my new favourites.

• Just my opinion but I am still checking this unit and forum out but is there a reason Kemper is charging for certain amp/cab profiles? I mean you shell out $1850 for a very nice unit than comes with a decent number of amps but is really lacking in the pedal dept. I know some of the "Profiles" are only $19.95 but that will add up in a hurry. I thought most of the users uploaded their own anyway. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

• Just my opinion but I am still checking this unit and forum out but is there a reason Kemper is charging for certain amp/cab profiles? I mean you shell out $1850 for a very nice unit than comes with a decent number of amps but is really lacking in the pedal dept. I know some of the "Profiles" are only $19.95 but that will add up in a hurry. I thought most of the users uploaded their own anyway. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

There is probably 1000 free user profiles available to download free of charge. Kemper isn't. Charging anything for their amp pack they just uploaded. Only some users are charging or their work or taking donations which is understandable in some circumstances.

U have plenty of killer amps to scoop up

where did you get the impression that kemper is selling profiles??

• The thing is, I can take any Profile on the Kemper, the "worst" or the "worst" Profile, and in 30 seconds I can make it sound better than any modeller I've ever used/owned.

I dunno, is that a problem or a blessing? :D

Last night I decided to mess with the Goldie, it was nowhere near one of my favourite amp Profiles.
    After a few minutes I had a killer Les Paul crunchy lead tone, I had to save it as one of my new favourites.

Agree, Lance. This is the only big issue I have at the moment, and the release of Mats and Andy's session packs together with the RigPack, all in the same week, just made it lot worser.... But this are nice problems to have! 8) ... If now I could only take a week holiday to sort out my Rig list.... :wacko:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff