Using the Kemper as an FX unit with real amp seperating pre and post FX with FX Loop

• I've been trying to use my Kemper as an all out FX solution with my Marshall JMP as mentioned in this post just over a year ago:

Using the KPA as an FX Unit before a regular tube amp ?

So this setup should be STOMPS A, B, C, D running like pedals through the front of the Marshall and the post FX MOD, DEL and REV running through the FX Loop of the Marshall. Essentially replacing the AMP STACK module with my real amp.

@paults mentions the cabling method in the thread as:

"Guitar connects to KPA
    KPA FX SEND (mono loop locked in the X slot) to amplifier Input.
    Amplifier FX SEND to KPA FX RETURN
    KPA OUTPUT to Amplifier FX RETURN.

The above uses the KPA stomps before the amplifier, and puts the post FX in the amp's FX loop".

I have mine rigged up like the following, I assume this is correct referring to Paults' instructions?

• Guitar to Kemper Input
    • Kemper Direct Output to Marshall JMP Input (Mono Loop in Slot X)
    • Marshall JMP FX Send to Kemper Return Input
    • Kemper Monitor Output to Marshall JMP FX Return

I have the output options set to:
    -Monitor Out (Master Mono)
    -Direct Out (Loop)

Thing is I can't get this to fully work or see how it is 100% possible unless I'm doing something wrong. No matter how I set the output options or route the cabling I can't stop the stomps A, B, C and D running through the front of the amp and the amp's loop at the same time. I can't see any way of having Mod, Delay and Reverb through the loop without the pre stomps also coming through at the same time as any output options that include blocks after STACK also include every block before. Del/Rev output option on MAIN OUT isn't an option for me as all me FX loops are serial but even then that would then loose me the post amp Mod block.

I know this is happening as Pure Boost set up in a Stomp position on a very heavily distorted amp increases the volume rather than just increasing the gain, this works correctly when I set the Kemper to only run through the front of the amp.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• What I think stops this setup working is that the Kemper Output, either the Monitor Out or the Main Out that runs to the FX Loop Return on the real amp will always contain all the Kemper's signal path from before the Mod, Delay and Reverb due to the way the output settings work, there is no option to select say everything after Stack only instead of everything up to Stack.

Unless I'm getting confused and missing something.

• Thanks @Ingolf

Think I may have to.

I honestly think this can't be be done. The only and final bit of the jigsaw I'm having trouble with and fail to see how it can work is the final cable from the Kemper Main/Monitor Out to the Amp FX loop Return.

To hear the modulation, delay and reverb it would have to be set as Mono Master, which in turn means the pre Stack stomps will also feed the amp return, whilst they are already feeding the amps front input. I'm sure I've got this right?

• @Trazan Yes that's exactly what is happening. I'm certain rigged up as described it's got to do this as the Kemper Output to the amp fx loop return set to master mono will send everything from the kemper to the loop.

But how can that be...when there's silence when you turn your amps input down? ?(

EDIT: So the levels on that JMP must be placed after the loop, and any additional saturation when turning them up is from the power stage, I guess? There's not much saturation at lower levels?

Edited once, last by Trazan ().